Chapter 56: Death Traps

I finished watching Oshi no Ko with a little persuasion from my friends! It was good 👍👍👍 very nice first episode

Ok now todays chapter is a bit gruesome there's a detailed ish description of a injury and some panic attacks

Not just a normal ✨ Flashback it's a radioactive flashback

The two powerhouses exchanged punches, blowing debris and chunks of cement outwards. Rei's hand firmly grasped the gun, propping it on top of the rock that shielded her. The two figures were too close to each other and too far away from her to guarantee a clean hit. From this distance, where the bullet lands in All for One is left to chance.

Rei grimaced. She can hit a deer clean in the eye from 150 feet away. But the gun she uses when hunting is a rifle, with a scope. And on top of that, as soon as she fires the first bullet, the 2nd needs to shoot. The window of time that provides is less than a second.

She felt a hand at her throat, blocking her airway. Her breath hitched, and she could see it, the reaper awaiting her death. 

Rows and rows of skulls propped on shelves, all chanting you let us die, how could you how could you kill us all your fault all your fault-

Her eyes snapped open.

All your fault-

"Fuck you." She whispered. 

They were much closer now. Rei didn't see it happen. But she could tell from the winds tossing her hair faster, from the more, louder crashes of cement on cement, from the way her heart pumped just that much faster.

She had ignored it until now, but she realized, from watching All Might get pushed more and more on the defensive, from the cracks she heard that were definitely not from the cracking of cement, but the sounds of a flesh and blood human breaking down. The cracking of bones and tearing of flesh. All Might is losing.

Thus, there's no guarantee she can make it out alive. 

Radiation can cause damage over time, but in the current battle it won't do anything to help.

Pieces clicked in her head. I can die, but All Might can't. All I have to do is disable him, so someone else can kill him.

I have to make a opening for All Might.

All for One's punch connected with All Might's stomach, sending him backwards.

Spearlike bones erupted from All for One's chest. Rei's eyes searched for All Might, finding him off balance, clutching at his stomach. Rei's eyes widened, her finger tightening on the trigger. 

She watched it happen in slow motion. The pale white spears gathered, morphing into one and piercing into All Might's stomach. Blood sprayed outwards, painting the spears red.

Vaguely, she heard a scream. 

No, two screams. 

Her eyes darted back, and her mouth went dry as she saw the puncture wound on All for One's back, directly on top of where his right lung would be.

At that moment, Rei didn't feel the joy of victory. She felt horror, as All for One's pale face and red eyes found her own.

Her hand moved by itself, the same second All for One moved towards her.

The other bullet found its way into the villain's forehead, spurting blood over his eyes. 

I'm going to die. Rei's hand found her throat, and she flinched at how cold it is. Her sweat smeared over the blood veins there.