Chapter 14: Phone Call

The day of the festival

Mind reading will now be updated to '<>' signs for example: <fun is mind read>

Mai ran the whole way on the first qualitier, and got 10th place. You levitated your shoes and did some acrobatics in the air, catching a few 'oohh's and 'aahh's from the crowd while getting fourth.

So now, it was the second event and you need to fail miserably. Maybe join tha-

"Hey l/n! Wanna be in my team?" You turned to see a certain cinnamon roll, followed by a girl named Mei Hatsume.

damn. I don't have any reason to say no and if I do it will be both suspicious and hurt this kid's feelings.

"Sure." You said with a bright smile. We need to fail.

"Thanks! Uraraka and Iida are in someone else's team." Midoriya explained. "So our strategy is..."

~Time skip~

You did not manage to sabotage Midoriya's team.

At the LAST FUCKING SECOND, bird freak snatched one of Todoroki's points. So you ended up passing. Radioactive was right about him being strong. And, through being on his team, you also found that his quirk is weak to light.

"Yay! We passed!" You jumped up and, playing the part of someone who just got qualified for the final round of a tournament, hugged Midoriya, who flinched.

"Oops! Sorry! I got a bit excited!" You apologized as Midoriya scratched the back of his head.

<Darn! She's so cute...> "It's okay." He said with a grin.

What the f- I mean I guess I could work with this. You narrowly stopped yourself from letting the thought show on your face, though they probably wouldn't notice it anyway.

"My babies got broken..." Mei complained.

"Ah, the unspoken joy of victory." Tokoyami muttered.

~Time skip brought to you by genshin impact~

If you dont play genshin you should. It's really good.

Main reason i like it is because it makes me feel like a pro when playing it.

'So I'm up against Bakugo first. I'll make it a close game but still fail.' You explained to Suyuki through the mind link. 'I'll pretend I'm on my period and my stomach hurts. Then take advantage of the emotion of pity by failing miserably.'

'I'm going against Kaminari. It's a really bad matchup but it'll be fine because I'll be immune to electricity.' Mai replied. 'After that I'll be against Mei or Iida, most likely Iida.'

Your work phone pinged with a new message, interrupting the conversation. You saw that it was from Radioactive, so you dimmed the brightness and opened the app.

R (1)

R

Theres a message from nezu

Shi

Who's that

R

HE'S THE DAMNED PRINCIPLE OF UA

Shi

Oh.

So what.

R

He wants you in this call for some reason.