Four // June 8th

[rewritten]

Here is the next chapter!

Enjoy!

<><><><><><><> 

Julie's P.O.V

"I swear, Satan must have known we were coming here today and that's why it is so damn hot." Jake said, wiping his forehead with the back of his hand. I rolled my eyes at my brother and leaned against the railing. My family was standing in line at the Sprint Center, waiting for my audition. It took us nearly nine hours to drive here and luckily for me, I'm missing school on this incredibly hot June day.

This is the first time I've ever been to Missouri and to be honest, I've not very impressed. I guess living out in the plain states have dulled my outlook on states across the U.S. Though Kansas City seems nice, it just doesn't make a big impact on me. Maybe it's because I'll be auditioning for the X Factor in just a few hours, but I can't be too sure.

Standing in line with me is my dad, my brother, my aunt Catherine, and my uncle Joe. I was wearing the outfit that my aunt got me and I could see just how happy my aunt was that I was wearing it. When she saw me yesterday she was nearly a ball of light. It made me happy to see her like that, though I would never admit it.

"So baby girl," My aunt Catherine said, "Are you nervous for the audition?" She asked.

Yes, I was. I was so nervous for auditioning. I know that I could hold a note, I've been told a million times over. But now that I'm actually having to prove it to someone… I don't know. It's weird to think about. I want this so bad. I've dreamt of this countless times and all I want to do is to be the best singer I could be. I want to be an amazing artist that goes down in history for what I sing. I want to change the world with my music, I want to change people's lives with the music I write.

But now as I faced the crowd of so many people that had the same dreams I did, I knew that I had a lot of competition. It wouldn't be an easy win, I had to beat out hundreds and hundreds of people, people who wanted every last thing that I wanted. Knowing how hard this was going to be, I was nervous for it. So many questions went through my head - was I not good enough?

Though I could never admit that. Nervousness was a sign of weakness and I can't be weak. My mom wasn't weak all through her battle of cancer and I wasn't going to let her down now. So with a nod in my aunt's direction, I started to move up the line.

<> 

"Contestant three zero six five four eight nine seven please step up to the yellow tape." I swallowed the lump in my throat and stepped up to the yellow tape, holding the microphone in my hand. I tapped my singers on the cool metal, waiting for my cue to go out on stage.

I couldn't hear the crowd cheering, I couldn't hear the person singing, I couldn't hear my family talking and rooting for me, I couldn't hear anything but the blood pumping through my body. I could hear the steady pumping of my heart and I could feel the nerves tightening my stomach.

But when the time came and it was time for me to go out onto the stage, it was silent. My nerves disappeared and I knew one thing and one thing only. I was ready.

"Hello, what's your name?" I blinked and looked out onto the panel of judges, not having remembered how I got onto the stage. It was all a big blur?

"I'm Julie Willows." I said, bringing the microphone to my lips.

"Hi Julie, how old are you and where are you from?" Simon Cowell asked.

"I just turned eighteen and I am from Loveland Colorado." I said. The audience cheered a little bit, being that Colorado was semi close to where we are right now.

"And what song will you be singing for us?" Demi asked.

"I'll be singing A Thousand Years." I said.

"Alright, well start whenever you're ready." I heard the music begin to play and I closed my eyes, just letting the music move through me. The notes played out and before I knew it, the time to prove myself came.

"Heart beats, fast, colors and promises, how to be brave, how can I love when I'm afraid, to, fall? But watching you stand alone, all of my doubt, suddenly goes away somehow. One step closer." I sang, holding out the note a little bit.

"I have died every day waiting for you, darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more. Time stands still, beauty in all she is. I will be brave, I will not let anything take away, what's standing in front of me. Every breath, every hour has come to this. One step closer." I sang.

The music began to fade out as Simon raised his hand, making me grow nervous. I wanted to know what they thought of my voice so badly. I couldn't stand the few seconds as they just sized me up. I just want to get through to boot camp. I love singing so much… I just want this.

"Julie, that was very nice for a girl your age. You have a lot of potential." L.A said, smiling at me. A smile of my own broke out onto my face and I felt my knees grow weak.

"You're so good. I have chills, do you know how rare that happens? That was amazing." Demi said, such a ball of energy. I laughed and thanked her, not believing my luck.

The other two judges gave their input and I felt like I was living in a dream. As the four judges started to vote, I felt as if I was about to pass out when I got three yes'. I was going to boot camp. All these weeks and weeks of practicing has paid off. I'm going to boot camp. I'm going to be able to work with professionals and I'm going to get advice from celebrities that have made it in the industry I desire so much to be in. I'm really going to start living my dream.

I thanked the four judges before heading off the stage and falling into the arms of my father. He held onto me tightly and swung me around, making me laugh loudly. "Oh darling, I’m so proud of you. I knew you'd be able to do it, I really did. This is amazing." He said.

"Thanks dad." I said.

"Your mom would be so proud of you, really." Dad said, kissing my forehead. I closed my eyes briefly and reopened them, only to be wrapped up in a hug from my aunt.

"Ah, I can't believe it. You got three yes'. Honey, don't listen to Brittany. She doesn't know what the hell she's talking about. You are honestly such an amazing singer and you're going to go far in this competition, I promise you. And in a few months from now when you are standing on stage, having just won the X Factor, I'll be cheering for you in the crowd." My aunt said.

I smiled widely, "Thanks aunt Catherine, that means a lot to me." I said.

"Hey," Jake spoke up, "Why don't we go out to eat to celebrate?"

"Yes, can we get Italian?" I asked.

"Anything for the future star."

<><><><><><><><> 

There's Julie's audition. I hope you liked it.

Please VOTE and COMMENT my lil' Gummy Worms! ilysm

~ Amanda xx

--Picture on the side is a gif of Julie

--The video on the side is the song she sang OH AND BTW I KIND OF IMAGINE JULIE HAVING A VOICE LIKE CHRISTINA PERRI BUT IT'S TOTALLY UP TO YOU