Sixty Three // "Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for One Direction"

[rewritten]

Here is the next chapter!

Enjoy!

<><><><><><><><>

Julie's P.O.V

The response from our performance was amazing and I felt like I was on cloud nine. I love the rush of performing live and I can't believe that it's coming to an end. Well, hopefully not. I don't think that I can ever imagine not performing live again. I'm too used to it.

I believe that if we don't win the X Factor, the girls and I will be signed. The reaction to us has been unexplainable and I knew that people would want us to be signed. It would just be a matter of time before we were. Call my cocky or over confident, but I felt it.

"Alright, Julie come sit down. We've got to get your makeup done." Ben said. I nodded and moved to sit down, waiting for Ben to start my makeup. Caitlin was doing her vocal exercises with Gale and Liz was changing in the bathroom. Ben started on my concealer, making sure that I had that 'flawless' look. I closed my eyes as he did, thinking of our performances and where we stood in the competition.

I still cannot believe that we are in the finals. It feels unreal. Out of hundreds and hundreds of people, here I am. I'm with my best friends, ready to take the hearts of our voters. This night defines everything for us. Everything that I've done has led up to this moment. Nothing matters except for tonight. The only thing that matters is that we win the competition tomorrow, sing Just The Way You Are one last time, and then sign with Simon. It's going to happen, it has to happen.

"Oh my God, I can't believe you're wearing that." I opened my eyes at Caitlin's words, and Ben stopped his makeup to look at Liz. I turned around and looked at her, laughing loudly. She was dressed in your basic jean shorts that were bleached at the bottom, but her '1D' crop top steals the attention.

"Hey now," Ben said, defending his wardrobe. "Liz is a big fan of them and I thought that it would be appropriate. Also you're singing with them and I figured it would be funny." Ben said.

"It is hun." Gale said, "Now Caitlin, drink this."

"And you turn back around." Ben said. It took me a second to realize that he was talking to me, but I turned around to face Ben again. "Now let's try and get this done so we aren't rushing"

<><>

I gripped the microphone in my hands as we faced the doors that would slide open and let us out. I was standing on the right side and Caitlin was on the left. Liz was standing in the middle and I could feel ther nervousness coming off of her. I reached over, squeezing her arm before I heard Khloe announcing our name. The crowd screamed loudly at the mention of us, and as soon as the song started they only screamed louder.

The doors slide open and we stepped out onto the brightly lit stage. Caitlin and I followed our routine and walked down the steps to the sides of the stage. Liz walked down the middle, right towards the center of the stage. I watched in awe as she brought her microphone to her lips, singing the first verse of the song.

"Hey girl I'm waiting on ya, I'm waiting on ya, come on and let me sneak you out. And have a celebration, a celebration, the music up, the windows down." She sang, backing up and letting Caitlin take center stage.

"Yeah, we'll be doing what we do, just pretending that we're cool and we know it too. Yeah, we'll keep doing what we do. Just pretending that we're cool, so tonight..." She sang.

The two girls started singing the chorus while I was doing the echoes. "Let's go crazy, crazy, crazy 'till we see the sun. I know we only met but let's pretend it's love. And never, never, never stop for anyone. Tonight let's get some and live while we're young."