Forty Seven // Week Three - Titanium

[rewritten]

Here is the next chapter!

Enjoy!

<><><><><><><><>

Caitlin's P.O.V

I ran my hand down the satin of my dress, reaching the soft cotton that covered my thighs and fell to the back of my knees. I took a deep breath and looked away from the mirror, looking around the room. We had ten minutes until show time and we were all just about ready to go out on stage. I still couldn't believe that it was already week three. This past month has been amazing and I'm falling so in love with this city and this competition. Being in week three was so mind blowing. I can't believe that we are almost halfway through the live shows.

Not to mention that we were still ranked at number two. The people that have been voting for us are so amazing. I love going onto Twitter and seeing people tweeting me. Granted, it's not an insane amount of people. But it is a lot of people considering that this is only a singing competition. I think a lot of it has to do with Liz's fan accounts. She's got one on what seems like every social media site and on a few of them she is pretty popular. I've never been one for fandoms but it looks like a lot of fun. Liz has fun on her fan pages.

Liz's birthday past as well. She was officially nineteen now. I had gotten her a new phone case along with some ITunes gift cards, and a One Direction shirt. Julie had gotten Liz a pair of ankle boots and new bathing suit. It was a little weird, being that this was the first time we celebrated a birthday together. Julie's was before we knew each other and mines in January. But it didn't keep us from celebrating it. Liz was so excited to be Niall Horan's age again, she wouldn't stop talking about. I think she even tweeted it.

Shaking my thoughts away, I walked over towards Liz. She was already ready for the show, all dressed up and everything. She was sitting on the couch that was pressed against the wall, next to all the clothes that we had somehow scattered on the couch. I sat down next to her, looking at what she was doing on her phone. I laughed quietly when I saw that it was a picture of Zayn Malik.

"What?" She asked, "Do you not like Zayn?"

"Oh no, I like him just as much as the next pink haired girl. But we have ten minutes until show time and you're on Instagram looking at One Direction." I said.

"Well that's important to me." Liz said, scrolling down and liking a picture of Harry Styles. I laughed and leaned against the couch, crossing my legs.

"Alright, you are all ready to go Julie. In fact, you three should probably start heading towards the stage. You girls are going on second, so you should head out." Ben said.

"Yeah, Ben's right. We should start heading towards the stage." Julie said.

I slowly got to my feet as excitement and nervousness filled my stomach. I was incredibly excited for tonight. The song that we've been practicing this past week was one of my favorites and I'm excited to be singing it live. Titanium was such an amazing song and the unplugged version that we are singing is even better. Being that tonight is an 'unplugged' night, Simon and Gale thought that we should show how our voices sound without the lights and the dances and loud music.

Liz stood up as well, giving her phone to Ben. He holds onto our phones when we are performing, being that the girls and I don't want them on stage. I handed mine over to him too, as well as Julie, and they wished us good luck as we left the dressing room. I took a hold of Liz's hand and she smiled at me, squeezing my hand. Julie took my hand as we walked down the back hallway and towards the stage.