Eleven // Put Through

[rewritten]

Here is the next chapter!

Enjoy!

*Please Read The Author's Note*

<><><><><><><> 

Julie's P.O.V

It was nearly six o'clock in the afternoon when we were allowed to leave the arena. I was starving and ready to go back to my hotel by that time. I did not feel like listening to these people talk and laugh over absolutely nothing. I just wanted to go back to my hotel room and relax.

Though relaxing might be hard, being that tomorrow morning the judges were telling us who got through and who didn't. I was a little nervous about it, especially being that I don't feel like my solo song was the best. I regret singing that song, I feel like I should have sung something stronger for my voice. But it was too late now and all I could do was wait and see what would happen tomorrow. I was excited, though nervous.

The buses took us back to the hotel and I met up with Ivy to sit with her. We didn't talk much on the ride back to the hotel, I just put in my headphones and tuned out the rest of the world. The sun was low in the sky, though it hadn't set just yet when we pulled up to the hotel. The buses let us out and it was a crowd of people trying to get into the hotel. I heard people talking about having people get together on the top floor - the last room that' checked out for us - but I tuned it out. I'm sure that nobody really cared for me being there and I really didn't want to go. I just wanted to sleep or eat, probably both.

After riding up a full elevator, I started to make my way to my hotel room. I had no idea where Ivy was, but I'm pretty sure that she was somewhere with people that I did not want to be around. I walked into my hotel room, just as my phone began to vibrate in my back pocket. I pulled it out and smiled when I saw my aunt calling me. I kicked off my high heels as I answered the phone.

"Hey aunt Catherine, what's up?" I asked, gathering my hair to pull it over my shoulder.

"Oh nothing much Jules, but what's up with you? How is boot camp?" She asked. I moved to sit down on the bed, thinking of her question. Boot camp was good. It was a bit lonely, but it was nice. I was learning some stuff and tomorrow we would start doing some dancing techniques, which made me a little nervous. I was a pretty good dancer but I wasn't the best.

"It's going good..." I said, pulling my bottom lip between my teeth. "It's a bit lonely, but it's good nonetheless. How's everything back in Colorado?" I asked.

"The same old. Why is it lonely in boot camp? Aren't you making friends?" She asked.

"Not really. I don't see the point of being friends with them if I'm trying to beat them. I don't want to have to be upset when any of them leave, or even if I do. I just don't see the point." I said, shrugging my shoulders though I knew she couldn't see me.

"Well what's the point of making friends when you're going to die anyway." Aunt Catherine said.

"Huh?"

"Oh sweetie, don't let that fear hold you back from making friends. You live in a world were technology is blossoming! You'll be able to keep in touch with the friends you make on the X Factor. Yes, it may suck when you have to say goodbye, but you shouldn't let that hold you back." She said.

"You're too wise for your age, you know that?" I said.

"Age is but a number Julie, never forget that."

<><> 

The next morning I decided to take my aunts advice. She did say some valuable stuff, I did need to make friends. I really shouldn't let the fear of saying goodbye hold me back. Besides, if I do get through past the judges home and into the live shows, I need to make some friends. I can't spend those weeks in total isolation, it'll drive me made.