Forty Three // Result Night

[rewritten]

Here is the next chapter!

Enjoy!

<><><><><><><><> 

Caitlin's P.O.V

I threw my legs over Liz's lap, laughing loudly at the movie that was on the screen. Today was Thursday and the result show was on tonight. To lesson our nerves, the girls and I decided to watch a movie before going to get lunch. We were watching Liz's favorite movie, While You Were Sleeping. It was a romantic comedy and it was definitely comical. I was laughing like crazy and Liz was even worse. Julie was on her bed, laughing quieter than the two of us because she was on her phone and wasn't paying much attention.

"I swear this is my all time favorite movie. I could probably watch this every day of my life." Liz said, putting her hands on my legs and playing with the frayed shorts. I nodded my head in agreement, this was a really good movie.

We continued to watch the movie until it finished, the unexpected couple getting together in the end. The ending was a happy one and I found myself smiling at the fact at how happy everyone was. I hope that I get my happy ending like she did. I pulled my legs off of Liz as Julie's alarm went off. It was an alarm that told us when we needed to head downstairs to catch the cars that will take us to the arena.

"You girls ready?" Julie spoke up, "I'm actually kind of nervous for this." She said.

"Me too. It's the first result show, I don't know how we did. I really hope we made it to next week. I don't want to go home." Liz said.

"Same, I'm not ready to go home yet. I just want to stay here and perform forever." I said, falling back onto the bed.

"Come on girls, we really do need to go. I'm just as nervous as you two. But we need to go or we'll get left behind." Julie said.

The three of us got dressed quickly, not particularly worried about what we wore. We would be changing into something for the results show, so it didn't make sense for us to get into something special right now. As the girls and I were in the car, riding to the arena, I was texting Brendon. I miss him a ton and being away from him for a while is always hard on me. Having such great friends here helps, but I do miss him.

By the time that we made it to the arena that the X Factor Live Shows was being held at, we were running late. Traffic was a bad problem in L.A and today was no exception. The three of us had to run into the building, which was difficult for me. I always was so slow.

Luckily we made it into our usual dressing room, where Ben was already beginning to go nuts. He already had our dresses laid out and one by one we went in the bathroom to change. While that was happening, Gale started us on our vocal exercises. It didn't make sense to me, why we were doing this. We didn't have to sing tonight. Unless, we went home. Then we would sing our final song. God, please don't let that happen. Please.    

"Liz, come on, hurry up." Ben said.

"...I'm sorry it's just," Liz said, walking out of the bathroom and showing us her outfit. It was an off shoulder black crop top with a pencil skirt at the bottom. It exposed her stomach and the tan that she as beginning to get. "Do you really think that this looks good on me?" She asked.

"What? Of course it does. If I wasn't gay I would be all over you." Ben said.

"You would be what?" Gale asked, turning around and looking at his boyfriend. I suppressed the smile that was making its way onto my face. I could tell that Julie was trying not to laugh.