Thirty Seven // Just The Way You Are

[rewritten]

Here is the next chapter!

Enjoy!

<><><><><><><><> 

Julie's P.O.V

The song came to an end and Gale nodded his head in excitement, his smile wide. The girls and I have been rehearsing the song we chose to sing in front of Simon all day. We've chosen to sing Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars. We've changed the lyrics around so that it would be almost like we were singing to a guy, instead of us singing to a girl or something along those lines.

We have been working all day by the pool and I was dying for something to drink. My throat was beginning to ache with the amount of singing that we've done. I think that Liz was having the same problem, because she kept rubbing her throat. Luckily for us, Gale noticed and he sent Liz inside to grab a few water bottles.

I sat down on one of the chairs that was next to the pool and rubbed my forehead, feeling the sweat that had dripped down onto my face. It was really hot and being in the sun all day hasn't helped. Thank God for tank tops, I don't think that I could've lived without them. The worst part was that the cameras have been on us for the entire time and I did not look good.

"You girls have been doing great. I think I've got down the way that I want to split the song up and I want to run through it one more. I'll give you the lyrics when Liz gets back." Gale said, shuffling through some papers.

"Sounds good. After that what are we supposed to do?" I asked, clearing my throat in an uncomfortable manner.

"After that I want you three on vocal rest until tomorrow and I want the three of you to have a glass of tea with honey in it before you go to bed tonight. Tomorrow for breakfast I will have a smoothie that works wonders for your throat." Gale said.

"And what exactly is in that smoothie or yours?" Caitlin asked, kicking off her flip flops and dipping her feet into the cool water. I didn't blame her, it was really hot out today. It's September fifteenth, it should be getting colder by now.

"Don't you worry about that, Caitlin. Now I've got to make a quick phone call, I'll be back in a few minutes." Gale said, pulling out his phone. I watched as he dialed a number and pressed the phone to his ear. "Ben, hi. I've missed you..." He walked away, and I wasn't able to hear the rest of his conversation.

"That must be the mysterious boyfriend. Gale actually told me that his boyfriend worked with the X Factor too. Apparently he is the stylist for an act, he doesn't know who he'll be working with though. I'm guessing that if we make it to the live shows, he'll be with us." Caitlin said.

"What makes you think that?" I asked her.

"Well if we get through to the live shows, Gale will still be working with us, so naturally I assume that Ben would work with us too." Caitlin shrugged her shoulders. It made sense that we would have him as our stylist, but that's only if we get to the live shows.

We sat in silence after that, just listening to the sounds of someone singing in the distance. Another band was working outside too, but further away from us. Other than that, I could only hear the sounds of Caitlin moving her feet back and forth in the water.

The silence was disturbed by the sound of someone walking and when I opened my eyes, I saw Liz walking towards us. She was walking fast towards us and when she was finally got to us, she let out a huge breath and collapsed onto the chair. I laughed quietly at her, "Are you okay?" I asked.