Thirty One // Rambles

[rewritten]

Here is the next chapter!

Enjoy!

<><><><><><><><><> 

Julie's P.O.V

"So girls, we really need to figure out a name for the band. We are leaving for the judges homes in less than a week." Caitlin spoke up from her spot on Liz's bed. I was sitting on the mattress, absorbing the September air that was beginning to blow through the room. It was still warm, hot to be exact. But I could almost feel the shift in the air, that it was going to be getting cold soon.

We were leaving for our judges home this coming Tuesday, just six days away. We've worked hard on our vocals; yesterday we had spent the entire day harmonizing and what not. I was beginning to grow confident in our voices. Although we have our differences over the type of music that we want to play, we did sound pretty good together. We still have plenty of time to decide the type of music that we want to produce.

I heard Liz sigh and I looked up, watching as she sat straight up. "I've been thinking so much about a name and I'm just having so much trouble with it. It needs to be something great and catchy. I just don't know what to do." Liz said.

"What if we do something like... The Golden Girls?" Caitlin said.

"Isn't that an old show?" I asked.

"I don't know," Caitlin shrugged. "I was just thinking. Do you have any ideas?" She asked.

I laughed, shaking my head no. "I don't know, I wanted your help with this." I said.

The girls both sighed, looking around at the three of us. I didn't know what we could name our group, I had no idea. It was such a hard topic to think about. Liz was right, it did need to be great and catchy. It needed to have a ring to it, something that people would like to hear. It needs to be perfect.

I leaned back, kicking my legs out to stretch the cramped muscles. Rick was sitting by the door, catching everything that was going on. At first I wasn't sure what it would be like to have a cameraman filming everything that we were doing. But just like in boot camp, I had grown used to it. Besides, Rick was a really nice man and he was totally fine with whatever shit the girls and I did.

Liz was still sitting on her bed, playing on the guitar. Caitlin was flipping through a magazine and I was, well I was just looking around her room. My thoughts drifted from the posters on her walls, to our band name, and then back to the posters on the wall. Liz was such a fangirl, it was pretty funny. I haven't yet seen her in her fangirl ways but from my time spent on the internet, I know that it could be weird. I was excited to see it though, I'm not going to lie. I guess that that's what prompted my question to Liz.

"Liz, which one of the boys do you like the most?" I asked.

"What do you mean? Like, from One Direction?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes. "No, from The Wanted. Of course from One Direction." I said.

"No need to be sarcastic," Liz shook her head, "And why do you want to know? Trying to steal my future husband or something?" She asked.

I laughed loudly. "The day that you marry one of those boys will be the day that I stop singing. Now please, tell us. Wait no, let me guess. I think your favorite is... Harry! Definitely Harry." I said.

"No, no, I am not a Harry girl. He's such a cutie, but he's not my favorite." Liz laughed quietly.

"Well who is it?" Caitlin asked, suddenly interested in the conversation. "It better not be Louis because I kinda like him more than the others." She said. I stifled a laugh and leaned against the window. Liz smiled, her blues eyes crinkling in the corner.

"It's not Louis, calm down. Although I saw him first you wiener." Liz said, leaning back into her pillow. "For the record, I happen to be a Niall girl." Liz said. Ah, the blond one. I should've seen that coming. Liz had said that she's got a thing for blonds.   

"Wow I should've seen that coming." I laughed, shaking my head a little. "Wait, doesn't he have a girlfriend? I thought I saw a picture of him with some brunette?" I asked. I'm not that much of a fangirl but I do know that I have seen him with another girl.

Liz groaned loudly and shook her head. "No, no, no, no, no, just no. They broke up, thank the Lord. I was so sick of her. She's such a little....  ugh never mind. She's an ugly little thing and honestly, me and him would be so much better."

"Don't you think high of yourself." Caitlin teased.

"Hey, I'm not joking. I would totally love that boy with my entire heart. Like you have no idea. I would not leave him alone for a second. He would get so annoyed because I would constantly be giving him all this affection and a person can only take so much aff-"

"Alright, alright," I cut her off, laughing loudly, "You and Niall would be perfect together. Now, please, can we get back to work?" I asked.

"Sure," Liz laughed quietly, "Hey Rick, is this going online?" She asked.

Rick laughed, nodding his head without moving the camera. "Yeah it is, it'll be on the back stage footage."

"Great."

<><> 

The lights flipped on and I squeezed my eyes tighter, not wanting to get up. I rolled onto my stomach and pulled the pillow over my head, mumbling something about five more minutes. I felt the mattress moving up and down and I realized that someone was walking on it. Figuring that it was Liz interrupting my sleep, I groaned and buried my head deeper inside of the pillow.

Whom I'm guessing is Liz, sat down and started pulling the covers off of me. I heard Caitlin start groaning in protest and I realized that she was doing that to Caitlin too. "Liz, fuck off and let me sleep." Caitlin said. I let out a tired laugh and cuddled more into the covers.

"Girls, girls, I need your attention. Come on." Liz said.

"What time is it?" Caitlin asked.

"It's almost four. Sit up." Liz whined. I sighed and slowly sat up, my eyes burning at the amount of light coming from the light above of us. I turned around to face her, taking in her tired and somewhat crazed expression. If there was one thing that I learned about Liz, it's that she seems to get the 'greatest' ideas at absurd times time this.

"Okay, okay. So I was running through band names in my head because I couldn't sleep and then I went onto Twitter and tweeted Niall for a little bit but he didn't see them, I think it's early over there. I also tweeted Zayn but God knows he is never on. I think he forgot his password or something. I don't get how he could do something like that, I'm always online. I actually have a friend named Lily who lives in Australia and she thinks he forgot his password too. I mean, we aren't sure but who would forget a password to an app like that? That's probably the only way he can contact fans but you kno-"

"Liz." Caitlin cut her off, rubbing her tired eyes. "Just tell us what you wanted to tell us."

She blushed in embarrassment and nodded her head. "Right. Well, I've figured it out. I have the perfect name for us."

<><><><><><><><> 

I know it's a little short, sorry about that. And sorry it's taking so long to get these 10 chapters up lol

Please VOTE and COMMENT my lil' Gummy Worms!

~ Amanda xx

—pic above is a gif of Julie

http://media.giphy.com/media/XNxK92v8Z16i4/giphy.gif