Sixty Two // Favorite Performance

[rewritten]

Here is the next chapter!

Enjoy!

<><><><><><><><>

Liz's P.O.V

I sat unemotionally as Ben brushed pink eye shadow on my eyelids. I knew that he could sense my mood but he didn't chose to say anything. No one did actually, everyone acted as if I was fine. But I wasn't fine. I was confused and hurt and I couldn't be in the same room as One Direction without wanting to cry. I'm not sure how I'm going to make it past this performance.

The past two days have been emotionally and physically exhausting. The first thing that happened was our rehearsal with Simon, and he had decided to switch things up a bit. I didn't mind, but it now strained my voice. Then my family flew in for the final and I wasn't able to talk to them at all, being that Gale put me on vocal rest for tonight's show. I didn't mind it too much, it gave me time to think about everything that's happened.

As soon as I had left Niall's hotel room that night, I went into my bathroom and cried for hours. I had felt terrible for leaving him there like that, but I couldn't help it.

I still can't believe that he kissed me, let alone wanted to kiss me. I was just Liz and he was so amazing. Who cares that he's in the band that I loved more than myself, he's the best guy I've ever met. Sure he has his moments were he's an ass, like earlier tonight. But he's just such an awesome guy and he's adorably funny. He shouldn't want to kiss me.

I don't know why I had ran out of there. I was nervous and I couldn't believe that he was kissing me. I couldn't believe that he had his hands on my cheeks and he actually kissed me instead of me kissing him.

The worst part is that we haven't spoken to each other since then. It's not like we've seen each other much. It was only at rehearsals yesterday and early this morning that we saw each other. But no words were exchanged between us and it felt strange. I've only known him for a few days but it feels like longer. It feels like it's been forever. But it really has been six days since we met. It was strange with the silence between us. Normally we'd always be talking and now the silence was deafening.

"Alright Lizzie, you're all ready. You girls are opening the show, so you better get down there. Phones?" Ben said. I nodded my head towards my purse, silently telling him that it was in there. Ben nodded and helped me off of my seat.

"Liz, you're off vocal rest as soon as you sing your last song. You can obviously sing the songs, but in between there is no talking. It's the final and we cannot risk a voice crack." Gale said.

I nodded, already knowing. Gale smiled and me and gave me a one armed hug. "Julie told me about what happened between you and Niall. You should talk to him about it. Explain why you ran out. Maybe he likes you." He said.

I shrugged, though I knew it couldn't be true. He was probably just upset and needed some comfort. Gale squeezed my shoulder before letting me go, and I walked towards Caitlin and Julie. They both smiled at me, laughing like they have in the past two days. I haven't uttered a word and for some strange reason, they thought it was hysterical. Apparently me not being able to 'ramble the way I do' is funny to them.

I locked my hands with them as we left the dressing room, both Ben and Gale saying good luck to us. I nervously walked down the hallway and towards the stage, feeling like I was going to throw up. We were performing in our last live show. Tomorrow was the result show and after two performances, we find out who wins. Evan, One Step, or Jay Cee El. The pressure was on today and everyone knew it. This is our defining moment. This is what decided if we win or not. We could not mess this up.