Eight // First Impressions

[rewritten]

Here is the next chapter!

Enjoy!

<><><><><><><> 

Julie's P.O.V

I've never been out of the plain states. I've rarely been out of Colorado, my family has never really had the money for that. So now that I was in Miami, Florida, it was amazing. The heat here was different than in Colorado. I don't know why, it just was. In Colorado it was like… heat and here it's humid. I don't know how to explain it, I just loved it.

Tonight was the night before the actual boot camp started. Today was kind of like a meeting, where we all meet each other for the first time and were told what we would be doing. Tomorrow is the twenty fifth and it would be the day that we started to film for the show. I was a bit nervous, never having been on TV before. Our auditions weren't being aired until September and I wasn't even sure if my audition had made TV or not. I think it will be, being that I was here at boot camp, but I wasn't sure. I'm hoping it will be, I've never been on TV and that could be exciting.

As of right now though, it was not exciting. The excitement from earlier today wore off as the night progressed, and I was hanging out in my hotel room, practicing for tomorrow. I had picked my song to perform in front of the judges and I was excited for it. It wouldn't be as nerve wrecking as it was for my audition, being that it'll just be in front of the judges. There isn't a live audience, nor do the other contestants watch. I think they'll be able to see my performance from a TV where we are all waiting, but I don't know.

Either way, I was ready to go. I have my song picked out, my outfit, and I had showered and French braided my hair for tomorrow. I decided on singing My Happy Ending for my solo song. It was one of my favorites by Avril Lavigne and I was really excited to be singing it. After everything that went down before my audition, with Rosie and Michelle and Sean, I think that this was an appropriate song to chose. Obviously nobody will know why I chose this song, but I will.

"Hey, Julie." I looked up from my phone, where I was reading and rereading the lyrics to the song. My roommate for boot camp was a sixteen year old girl named Ivy Donalds. She was just a few years younger than me, though she was much more mature than I was. "Are you almost done with practicing? It's almost midnight and we have to be at the arena by eight." She said.

My eyes widened at the time, not realizing how late it was. I was so consumed with working on the lyrics for tomorrow I wasn't paying any attention to the time. I felt bad for keeping Ivy up, but I wasn't about to admit that. "Yeah, I'll head to bed now. Sorry about that." I said, standing up from the hotel's desk and walking over to the bed that was on the other side of the room.

I had already changed into my pajamas after my shower, so all I had to do was turn of the light and get into my bed. Once I was in my bed, I plugged my phone in to charge and then kicked off the lamp. "G'night Ivy." I said.

"Night Julie, see you in the morning." She answered through a yawn.

I thought at first it would take me forever to fall asleep, due to my excitement and nervousness for tomorrow. It had no effect on me though, and I soon drifted off into sleep.

<> 

The sound of my alarm going off the next morning brought me to reality and I slowly sat up, reaching off to turn of the stupid alarm. The sun was shining through the open blinds and I found myself kicking myself in the ass for not closing them last night. I looked around the room, yawning as I did. Ivy's bed was empty but I heard the shower running. I looked at the clock on the night stand and saw that it read a quarter to seven. I groaned, rubbing my tired eyes. Staying up late last night wasn't a good idea.