Sixty One // I'm Sorry

[rewritten]

Here is the next chapter!

Enjoy! ;)

*This is going to be a VERY SHORT chapter but it's that way for a reason*

<><><><><><><><>

Niall's P.O.V

As soon as I closed the door behind me, I leaned against it and let out a breath of air. I felt like a dick for acting so mean to everyone back in the hotel room. I couldn't help it through. I'm just so aggravated with myself and with Liz. Not with Liz per say, but because she likes Evan. I can't believe that she likes Evan. It just doesn't make sense. He's twenty five years old and Liz is nineteen. Liz is nineteen and so am I. I'm a little older than her, but not by much. We could be so perfect together, I know it.

But Evan Peterson had to ruin it. I know it was insane to trust Beck- being that I just met him. But I can't help but not trust him. He's Liz's best friend, or one of them. She's got a lot of friends. I bet it's because everyone loves her. Who in their right mind wouldn't love her? She's amazing and I can't believe that I fucked up everything with her. I should've followed her as soon as I found out about her and I should've direct messaged her. It's my biggest regret right now.

I sighed and had just moved from the door when there was a knock at it. I turned around and opened the door, meeting the eyes of the one girl that I wanted to see more than anyone else in the world, but didn't want to see at the same time. Liz smiled shyly before speaking. "Um... I just wanted to know if you're okay." Liz said timidly, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. She was undeniably attractive in every way there was, but I knew that she could ruin my life without so much as a thought.

"I'm fine," I said, leaning against the door. "I just wanted to be alone I guess." I said.

Liz's face fell and she nodded. "Right. Well then I'm going to get back to my room then. I'll see you tomorrow." She said quietly. I knew that she was hurt by my coldness and I felt terrible for it. Liz started to walk away from me and without thinking, I called out her name.

"Liz, wait." I said, grabbing her arm before she got too far. "I'm sorry, I'm just... I don't know. You can stay, please." I said. Liz smiled and looked to the floor for a second before looking back up at me.

"O-okay, yeah." She stuttered and then blushed. I wanted to laugh but instead I spared her the embarrassment and let her in my hotel room. I looked down the hallway before closing the door. I wanted to make sure that we weren't interrupted by anyone else. I just wanted to be alone with her- not for any specific reasons, just to be with her. Call it obsession or infatuation, but I like this damn girl and I'm sure anybody would want to be with her.

I turned around and looked at Liz, who was awkwardly standing in the middle of the room. "You can sit, if you'd like." I said. She laughed at bit but instead of sitting, she turned to face me.

"Look, I know that we've only known each other for a few days and I know that I'm just some girl you're singing with and then you'll be on your way, but I'm a good listener and it's obvious that there's something wrong that you're keeping to yourself. You can talk to me if you'd like. I'm a fan, but I'm not the type of fan to tell everyone your business. You can trust me." I was a bit surprised at how honest she was and the fact that she didn't look away from me at all.

"I know I can trust you," I said, "I don't know. There's just a lot going on in me head." I almost had said that I liked her. I wanted to tell her. I wanted to tell her and see if she'd chose me or Evan. I had to know or it was going to drive me crazy. But I couldn't do it.

"Is it the hate?" She asked.

That's a good excuse. "Yeah. I know I shouldn't let it affect me but it's hard, you know." I felt terrible for lying to her, I'd never want to lie to her. But the only other option was to tell her the truth and that was not an option to me.

"I'm sorry." Liz said, nervously coming over to me. "You know that none of it is true, right Niall?" She asked. I smiled when she said my name. It sounded so cute coming from her Maine accent. I nodded my head and she smiled, taking another small step and hugging me. My eyes widened for a second before I wrapped my arms around her waist and hugged back.

I used to say that my favorite place in the world was on stage. I loved the feeling of performing live and I loved hearing our fans sing our songs back to us. But right here and right now, I realized that I liked something just a little bit more. And that was Liz. I liked being with her more than anything else in the world and hugging her was even better.

Liz pulled away too soon, looking up at me. Our eyes locked and I couldn't help the smile that came over my face. Without thinking of the consequences, I unwrapped one of my arms from around her waist and I brought it up to her face, cupping her cheek. Her big blue eyes widened even more and her lips parted as she stared up at me. I broke our gaze and stared down at her lips, not being able to stop myself from running my thumb across her bottom lip.

"Can I kiss you?" I asked before thinking about it. She was so close to me and I couldn't control myself. I just needed her. "Please?" I added.

Liz didn't say anything, she just looked up at me in shock. After a second or two passed by, she slowly nodded. I moved my thumb away from her lip and cradled her head before leaning down and pressing my lips to hers. I felt heat move through my body as soon as our lips touched and I swear, sparks were flying. It was so cliché and cheesy but Holy shit, it felt so right.

I pulled away after a second and looked at her just as she was opening her eyes. Without any compliant or sign of her being uncomfortable or not okay with this, I brought my other hand up to cradle her head in my hands. I then leaned in and kissed her again, moving my lips against hers in a desperate matter. I couldn't care less though. I was kissing Liz Johnston and that's all that mattered. I felt Liz kiss me back and my head started to spin.

Her small hands were placed on my arms as we kissed and I felt like I was about to pass out. I couldn't believe that I was kissing the girl I liked. I was always so nervous around a pretty girl but now I was kissing the prettiest girl in the world without a probl-

Liz pulled away all of a sudden, her eyes wide. "Oh my God, oh my God. I just... and you just... Jesus Christ. I'm sorry I just... I'm sorry." She said, backing away from me. We stared at each other before her eyes filled with tears and she ran towards the door.

"Liz wait, I'm sorry. You don't have to go." I panicked, trying to stop her.

She mumbled a few things before opening the door and running out of the room. I walked towards the door and looked out, watching as she wiped her eyes before walking into her own room. I grabbed the door and slammed it shut, the loud bang causing the room to be even quieter after it shut and I walked over to the bed, falling onto it.

A lump in my throat formed and tears burned my eyes. I fucking kissed the girl that I liked- who possibly liked another guy- and I found out who she chooses. It was between Evan and I, and just because everything hates me, she chose Evan and I was left with a broken heart and tear stained cheeks.

<><><><><><><><>

There's the chapter. Told you it would be short. Sorry but I wanted it that way

Please VOTE and COMMENT my lil' Gummy Worms, ilysm

~ Amanda xx

--Gif on the side is kinda how I pictured Niall looking at Liz