001. "though I think I'll be laughed at if I said I was lonely"

I

I. ATLAS AND THE SKY

01:03 ─❁────────── 01:80

◁                      Ⅱ                      ▷

If that is what is reflected in your heart

Then search for the dawn

༻───────────────༺

          WAS IT BAD THAT SHE WANTED to cry for no apparent reason?

She hoped not, for that would be terrible for the people around her to endure. Especially since she was told since young that she was a cry-baby. But as of now, was it really without reason?

Perhaps not.

Perhaps it was because she was recalling the story of Atlas, the titan that bore the sky aloft; she always wondered how he held up the sky, was it painful? Or maybe it felt like nothing, which she now doubted because if it was a punishment, how could it not be painful?

So, the question was: How in the bloody hell did Atlas held up the sky that separated heaven and earth?

Every single glance toward the sky continuously makes her question about it. Before she knew it, before she could even comprehend it, she would always find the question unnecessarily haunting her mind to no end; it just sounded so unreal whenever she read or heard about it. But then again, it's a part of a myth, so what did she really expect?

Whether it was real or not would remain a mystery until the end of time, so her thoughts were baseless and she should've just taken the story with a grain of salt.

But she didn't.

That was her fault.

Now she would have to go into countless state of wonder that she just wished she never got into in the first place. The annoying thought really couldn't pass her mind even if she prayed for it to go away, for even if it was only a story, she still knew that there was still a question that still has been left unanswered. And that was: How in the hell did Atlas even have the will to do it?

Sure, he was condemned to do it because of him taking part in the war against the gods and yadda yadda... but, the thing was, how much will could one have to even go through with that? Surely he'd lost it after a millennia or so?

Nope.

The answer was nope. He's probably still doing it, and no one would ever know. And why exactly? Because he was probably too prideful to accept defeat and refused to be incapacitate?