022. "the more time flows the more it deepens"

XXII

XXII. FLOWING THROUGH WATER

01:03 ─❁────────── 01:80

◁                           Ⅱ                            ▷

Even so it starts a one way race

Even if we start to separate, that's okay

༻───────────────༺

         WHILE LUCIA WENT ON TO ponder over Moody and Crouch, Harry took the chance to tell both Ron and Hermione about what occurred the night she and him snuck into the prefects' bathroom to solve the clue — of course, minus the part where Lucia went along with him.

Neither wanted to tell their friends about the night they had swimming together purely to spare themselves from their own embarrassment. They weren't embarrassed of each other per se; however, they were embarrassed to be bombarded by questions that neither of them wanted or know the to answers to.

As days passed since their little midning rendezvous, the day of the second task approached them like a snake slithering stealthily for its prey. The four Gryffindor spent most of their free time trying to find away for Harry to not drown during this task. However, nothing came up at all; danger was written evidently on Harry's forehead at this rate. If they don't find an answer soon, Harry would end up drowning trying to find the thing he would miss the most under the thick and cold water of the Black Lake... and Lucia didn't fancy seeing her friend drowning.

By the evening before the second task, Hermione, Lucia, Harry, and Ron sat together in the library, book scattered everywhere around them. The sun was setting outside as they each one of them tearing feverishly through page after page of spells, hidden from one another by the massive piles of books on the desk in front of each of them. There were still no answers for their predicament.

"I don't reckon it can be done," said Ron's voice flatly from the other side of the table. "There's nothing. Nothing. Closest was that thing to dry up puddles and ponds, that Drought Charm, but that was nowhere near powerful enough to drain the lake."

"There must be something," Hermione muttered, moving a candle closer to her. Her eyes were so tired she was poring over the tiny print of Olde and Forgotten Bewitchments and Charmes with her nose about an inch from the page. "They'd never have set a task that was undoable."

"They have," said Ron. "Harry, just go down to the lake tomorrow, right, stick your head in, yell at the merpeople to give back whatever they've nicked, and see if they chuck it out. Best you can do, mate."