097. "and it's a sad picture, the final blow hits you"

XCVII

XCVII. FALLEN SOLDIER

21:79 ─❁────────── 31:80

◁                         Ⅱ                         ▷

Come with me

Raise the glass take hold of the future

༻───────────────༺

          WHEN SOMEONE BELIEVES THAT THEIR life was worth living, they would try their hardest to live... right?

But when you were balancing yourself on a tightrope that separated life and death, you've no actual idea whether whatever you choose would be the best for you. And that was perhaps a predicament Lucia was facing as everything that surrounded her was like an abyss of suffocation with only two path ways with the same scenery, yet would lead to two different fate.

Which one would she choose?

Harry couldn't help but wondered about that aimlessly as he soon found himself in the secure surroundings of the Burrow that he and Hagrid had thankfully travelled alive through the portkey from Ted Tonks and his wife, who scarily looked uncanny to Bellatrix Lestrange, Andromeda Tonks.

He heard screams that snapped him out of his daze. Throwing aside the no longer glowing hairbrush, Harry stood up, swaying slightly, and saw Mrs. Weasley and Ginny running down the steps by the back door as Hagrid, who had also collapsed on landing, clambered laboriously to his feet.

"Harry? You are the real Harry? What happened? Where are the others?" cried Mrs. Weasley.

"What d'you mean? Isn't anyone else back?" Harry panted, paling.

The answer was clearly etched in Mrs. Weasley's pale face.

"The Death Eaters were waiting for us," Harry told her. "We were surrounded the moment we took off — they knew it was tonight — I don't know what happened to anyone else, four of them chased us, it was all we could do to get away, and then Voldemort caught up with us —"

He could hear the self-justifying note in his voice, the plea for her to understand why he didn't know what had happened to her sons, but —

"Thank goodness you're all right," she said, pulling him into a hug he did not feel he deserved.

"Haven't go' any brandy, have yeh, Molly?" asked Hagrid a little shakily. "Fer medicinal purposes?"

She could've summoned it by magic, but as she hurried back toward the crooked house, Harry knew that she wanted to hide her face. He turned to Ginny, and she answered his unspoken plea for information at once.