047. "i wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night"

XLVII

XLVII. A GROUP, A SOCIETY, AND A...

19:09 ─❁────────── 19:79

◁                         Ⅱ                         ▷

I know you've been feeling sad

I've got no right to be mad

༻───────────────༺

          NEITHER RON NOR HERMIONE MADE any mention of the Defence Against the Dark Arts Lessons for the next two weeks after they'd broke the news to Harry about the idea, which eventually led to him throwing a tiny fit. Lucia made absolutely no mentions of it all, hardly speaking to any one of them — again — only speaking whenever it was needed.

Harry, at first, found this concerning; It was as though she would gradually drift off into her own realm, not being present in the real world — filled with thoughts that not many could comprehend. However, he remembered the panda Lucia from last year, perhaps this year was a different kind of Lucia.

Other than the odd and stunningly exhausted behaviour of Lucia , school was as per usual; Harry's detentions with Umbridge were finally over (he doubted whether the words now etched on the back of his hand would ever fade entirely); Ron had had four more Quidditch practices and not been shouted at during the last two; and all four of them had managed to vanish their mice in Transfiguration (Hermione had actually progressed to vanishing kittens), before the subject was broached again, on a wild, blustery evening at the end of September, when the three of them were sitting in the library, looking up potion ingredients for Snape.

"I was wondering," Hermione said suddenly, "whether you'd thought any more about Defense Against the Dark Arts, Harry."

"'Course I have," said Harry grumpily. "Can't forget it, can we, with that hag teaching us —"

"'Don't think that's what she meant," said Lucia absentmindedly, before she let out a big and contagious yawn.

The other three followed suit, yawning involuntarily.

Hermione recovered fast and was quick to say, "I meant the idea Ron and I had" — Ron cast her an alarmed, threatening kind of look; she frowned at him — "oh, all right, the idea I had, then — about you teaching us."

Harry did not answer at once. He pretended to be perusing a page of Asiatic Anti-Venoms, because he did not want to say what was in his mind.

"Come on," started Lucia, resting her hand upon his shoulders affectionately, yet it was also sarcastic. "Just give them a yes or no. Quite easy actually."