130. "and maybe then you'll hear the words I've been singin'"

CXXX

CXXX. DEATH NEVER DISCRIMINATES

21:79 ─❁────────── 31:80

◁                        Ⅱ                        ▷

If I die young, bury me in satin

Lay me down on a bed of roses

༻───────────────༺

          HARRY SKIDDED TO A HALT, and he and Lucia turned around slowly. Crabbe and Goyle were standing behind them, shoulder to shoulder, wands pointing right at them both. Through the small space between their jeering faces he saw Draco Malfoy.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding with me," said Lucia, wanting to wallow up in her misery once more and just drop into a crouching position. Seriously? When they were so close already?

"That's my wand you're holding, Potter," said Malfoy, pointing his own through the gap between Crabbe and Goyle.

"Not anymore," panted Harry, tightening his grip on the hawthorn wand. "Winners, keepers, Malfoy. Who's lent you theirs?"

"My mother," said Draco.

Harry laughed and Lucia turned to him alarmingly, there was nothing even remotely humorous about the situation they were currently in. Ron and Hermione weren't to be heard or found anywhere either. They seemed to have run out of earshot, searching for the diadem.

Lucia pointed her wand at them, "When the other Slytherins snuck back in, you three..."

"So how come you three aren't with Voldemort?" asked Harry.

"We're gonna be rewarded," said Crabbe: His voice was surprisingly soft for such an enormous person; Lucia had hardly ever heard him speak before — well, technically, she had almost forgotten they existed for a few months. They had been too quiet and all...

Crabbe was smiling like a small child promised a large bag of sweets. "We 'ung back, Potter. We decided not to go. Decided to bring you to 'im."

"Good plan," said Harry in mock admiration. He could not believe that he was this close, and was going to be thwarted by Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle. He pulled Lucia behind him and began edging slowly backward toward the place where the Horcrux sat lopsided upon the bust. If Lucia could get the Horcrux while he were to distract them before a fight broke out...

"So how did you get in here?" he asked, trying to distract them.

Lucia took this as an indication and subtly turned, her back against Harry's. They were a bit unfortunate, for she wasn't exactly the smallest person. In technicality, she was tall, five-foot-eight or so, and her shoulders was only a little inches shorter that Harry's, but she was still able to be identified even if she were to be hidden by Harry's towering figure. Nonetheless, she stood back on her tippy toes and stretched her arm out for the diadem.