043. "the ones who came before us want to maintain"

XLIII

XLIII. THIS SIMPLEMINDED LITTLE GIRL

19:09 ─❁────────── 19:79

◁                            Ⅱ                            ▷

Our generation has had it hard,

My superiors use violence

༻───────────────༺

          "BUT ON THE PLUS SIDE, no Snape today," said Ron bracingly to the two sitting across from him.

"I don't know... being in Snape's class seems a little too heavenly than being with Umbridge right now..." said Lucia brushing her hair with her finger over and repeatedly, anxious.

It was the day after the whole Defence Against the Dark Arts fiasco, and Lucia and Harry were expected to go to Professor Umbridge's office for detention immediately after classes ended. At first, they weren't all too worried about it until they realised they had to do it separately.

Lucia sat solemnly for breakfast before Harry, Ron, and Hermione had joined her. She needed time to drown herself in all her sorrows before she could finally comprehend the fact that she was having her first detention with a toad instead of someone regal like Professor McGonagall. Hell, she would even choose Professor Snape over Umbridge any day.

Hermione yawned widely and pored herself some coffee. She looked mildly pleased about something, and when Ron asked her what she had to be so happy about, she simply said, "The hats have gone. Seems the house-elves do want freedom after all."

"I wouldn't bet on it," Ron told her cuttingly. "They might not count as clothes. They didn't look anything like hats to me, more like woolly bladders."

Hermione did not speak to him all morning.

It was simply Ron's fault for being too honest about the hats, but Lucia wondered whether Hermione will actually try and learn how to knit properly, instead of being so prideful and read a book all about it.

A mystery actually.

Double Charms was succeeded by double Transfiguration. Professor Flitwick and Professor McGonagall both spent the first fifteen minutes of their lessons lecturing the class on the importance of O.W.L.s.

"What you must remember," said little Professor Flitwick squeakily, perched as ever on a pile of books so that he could see over the top of his desk, "is that these examinations may influence your futures for many years to come! If you have not already given serious thought to your careers, now is the time to do so. And in the meantime, I'm afraid, we shall be working harder than ever to ensure that you all do yourselves justice!"