134. "the end"

CXXXV

CXXXV. WELCOMING SPRING WITH AND WITHOUT YOU

21:79 ─❁────────── 31:80

◁                            Ⅱ                            ▷

I want to go to the other side of Earth

Holding your hand, put and end to winter

How much should my longings fall like snow

Before days of spring return, friend?

༻───────────────༺

          HER HEART RAMMED AGAINST HER ribcage as she blinked blankly, sitting absentmindedly by the marble staircase — or, what's left of it anyway. It was the first day since the end war ended with them taking the victory, yet it didn't felt all that much of a celebratory type of day if she had to say so herself.

Victory didn't meant much when you take in the losses that came to reach to the point where they stood now, and she had to learn that the hard way as she along with the other inhabitants of the ruined and battered castle lingered in the entrance hall, waiting for the door to the Great Hall to open once again. However, this time it wasn't for eating or partying, but instead it was so they could say goodbye and celebrate the dead before they part way from them for good.

Wizards all throughout the country came to pay their respect, but only those who were family and friends of the fallen heroes were able to enter the castle for the funeral alongside the survivors and fighters of the war. The Ministry weren't allowed in, but had to watch the funeral from outside as well — except for those whom Kingsley trusted. Even from the little crack of the door where she remembered sleeping against, waiting, she could see the candles that were lit and the hundreds and thousands of witches and wizards outside. She could also see the paparazzi waiting for everyone that were invited to come in and out of the castle, especially Harry.

Jokes on them, all of them had already been in here before the funeral began, having resting in the castle immediately after the war. And for those families and friends was were invited had entered through the fireplace in the headmaster's office that Professor McGonagall had set up along with the other staffs.

Finally, the doors to the Great Hall graciously opened and everyone began filling into the chairs as at the front of the hall sat fifty or so coffins, each with flowers and their respected wands laid on their chest. A show of light in a shape of wands against wands could be seen from even the furthest of where she stood, to commemorate the brave memories of them all. Even Professor Snape was there, but she knew it was requested by Harry for him to be there, after all he was partially the reason they had the Sword of Gryffindor the first time — though what she did wished was that he should've put it somewhere not so dangerous...