128. "all along you're hiding even when you're by my side"

CXXVIII

CXXVIII. PRELUDE POWER

21:79 ─❁────────── 31:80

◁                            Ⅱ                            ▷

All I have is just this moment

'Cause it could all be gone in an instant

༻───────────────༺

          LUCIA'S BREATH WENT RAG AS she watched Alecto Carrow stood smugly in front of Harry, who was no longer hidden underneath the Invisibility Cloak, for he had ducked out of there moments prior, purely out of curiosity as he examined the statue of Rowena Ravenclaw that stood in the centre of the common room. Even as Harry raised his wand at her, she had already touched her fingers against the Mark, alerting those from outside of Hogwarts.

Inevitably, Voldemort.

A loud bang brought Harry back to where he stood: Disoriented, he raised his wand, but the witch before him was already falling forward; she hit the ground so hard that the glass in the bookcases tinkled. He snapped his head to whom he had assumed was the one that had caused the action, however all he heard was the gasp, whom he'd detect was Lucia's. Which meant...

"I've never Stunned anyone except in our D.A. lessons," said Luna, sounding mildly interested. "That was noisier than I thought it would be."

And sure enough, the ceiling had begun to tremble. Scurrying, echoing footsteps were growing louder from behind the door leading to the dormitories: Luna's spell had woken Ravenclaws sleeping above.

"Lucia, Luna, where are you both? I need to get under the Cloak!"

Lucia raised on her tippy-toes, bringing the cloak higher so that hers and Luna's feet would appear out of nowhere; Harry hurried to their side and she let the Cloak fall back over them as the door opened and a stream of Ravenclaws, all in their nightclothes, flooded into the common room. There were gasps and cries of surprise as they saw Alecto lying there unconscious. Slowly they shuffled in around her, a savage beast that might wake at any moment and attack them. Then one brave little first-year darted up to her and prodded her backside with his big toe.

"I think she might be dead!" he shouted with delight.

"Oh, look," whispered Luna happily, as the Ravenclaws crowded in around Alecto. "They're pleased!"

"I am too," mumbled Lucia, the corner of her lips twitching a smile as Harry closed his eyes, scar throbbing.

There was a rap on the common room door and every Ravenclaw froze. From the other side, Lucia heard the soft, musical voice that issued from the eagle door knocker: "Where do Vanished objects go?"