054. "you and I both have to hide on the outside"

LIV

LIV. STILL BURN DEEP IN OUR HEART?

19:09 ─❁────────── 19:79

◁                         Ⅱ                         ▷

You looked the same as always

I unintentionally averted my eyes

༻───────────────༺

          "BAO BAO, I TOLD YOU to be careful when you play pass Buckbeak's room,"

It was no longer a secret that Lucia had managed to stowaway a champagne ferret back to Grimmauld Place from St. Mungo's, especially after the said ferret had jumped out of her purse and began to run around the house, leaving the inhabitants at that time stunned. But that wasn't what they focused, for all the could think to ask was where she had gotten the ferret in the first place?

Her mere answers and replies were, "I grabbed him when we were walking back to the train station." Sirius had no problem with the sudden extra guest, only warning the ferret and her to stay away from Buckbeak's room if she didn't want her pet to become hippogriff dinner. However, the same couldn't be said for Mrs. Weasley who fretted all about this: "How do you know he's safe!" she had said to Lucia, but Lucia was adamant on keeping Bao Bao and couldn't care less of what the others would say. In the end, all Mrs. Weasley could do was accept the reality.

She sighed and realised that nothing was going to convinced Bao Bao otherwise. "Fine, but if you end up being Buckbeak's dinner, don't say I didn't tell you so," she said before continuing up the flight of stairs that led to Buckbeak's room, balancing a plate of sandwiches in her hand.

After returning from St. Mungo's, there was an odd shift in Harry's behaviour — of course, disregarding the obvious angst that occupied his personality, she meant something almost pitiful.

Even after they made up, Lucia could still sense that Harry was being distant. Not only to her, but with everyone in the house. What could he have heard so horrible to the point he became this way? No one was getting to him without him snapping at them — Ron and Sirius tried, but still nothing. The only time Harry had even gone out of his room was during Lucia's small birthday party that merely consisted of the Weasleys (minus Mr. Weasley, Charlie Weasley, and Percy Weasley), Sirius, Tonks, Moody, and Harry as guests. And even then, he didn't bother to conversed with anyone, only giving her a present which was a bag filled with all of her favourite Wizarding sweets.

It was alarming.

But as Christmas crept nearer, Lucia's sullen attitude was quick to be replaced by one of great giddiness. It was a big contrast to the Lucia that was just like a duckling in despair that could even utter a single quack. It felt as though she had something to look forward in a day where she didn't even celebrate religiously... which, she kind of do.