056. "I remember you said don't leave me here alone"

LVI

LVI. THE MEMOIR OF MAWAR

19:09 ─❁────────── 19:79

◁                         Ⅱ                         ▷

Hold onto this lullaby,

Even when the musics gone, gone

༻───────────────༺

         "THAT'S IT, MY LOVE. THAT is how you create a flower out of paper!"

It was a warm winter night, the 21st of December of 1985 slowly crept its way into their life as they stayed huddled in front of the fireplace, snuggling in each other's arms. Lucia DiFiore was only a mere six-year-old who knew nothing that was about to come.

"Are you sure you want to be doing this? Its been years already,"

Lucia snapped out of her daze as she walked behind the Healer in charge, escorted silently up to the fourth floor of the hospital.

She glanced at the Healer, before flashing the Healer a smile. Was it convincing enough? she didn't know, but she had to put it up or not they would shoo her out out of pure worry. And although she was half-present, and half-wanting to vanish at that moment, she could still sense the overwhelming glances that the Healer would steal at her.

It was uncomfortable.

The Healer was practically studying her every move. Actually — it was suffocating, and the walls were trying to swallow her alive. And it did not help the fact that she already wanted to pass out like she did the last time she entered the said ward.

"You do not need to worry about me, Ms. Healer," said Lucia, masking the hitch of a breath, looking as confident as she could ever be.

"Mama," The little girl called out to her mother as she hopped excitedly on her little feet.

Mawar Lim stared down at her young daughter, gaze softening little by little as her hand was occupied to whisk the cookie dough. She still could not believe how much her little miracle had grown up, from a wee baby that had to stay in the hospital for months after her birth, to a strong little girl who would do nothing but perform failed cartwheels all around the house.

She was proud, and she wished that Florian could see their little girl further into her life more than four years...

"What is it, my love?" Mawar asked endearingly, placing the bowl and whisk down before hoisting little Lucia up to the counter. "Do you need anything? You know Ah-Ma can help, right?"