107. "they're burning; I'd rather be numb"

CVII

CVII. THE ONES WHO PROVOKE US

21:79 ─❁────────── 31:80

◁                         Ⅱ                         ▷

You can take everything I have,

You can break everything I am

༻───────────────༺

         LUCIA DID NOT EVEN BOTHER to fight back as she was dragged roughly by Amycus Carrow up to the headmaster's office, where Snape now resided after he had taken over the positin of headmaster. Lucia could not comprehend the pain of being drag around by a chain around her wrist (Amycus sick way of finding amusement in her misery), for all she could think of was why she was heading up there in the first place.

Her body went cold.

Were they going to question her about Harry? Is that it?

No, they invited you to have tea — yes, you dumb airhead! Of course they're going to question you!

"Uh, so..."

"Shut up,"

"Okay," Lucia nodded listlessly in understanding as she walked along the corridors with Amycus's hand seizing her arm tightly, making it near impossible for her to get away from him and run away without alerting him.

She was really starting to wish Alecto had killed her off prior because it would surely have saved her from the agony of speaking to Snape or explaining to Amycus of what relation she had to Harry and whether she knew anything about Harry's location. Even though she completely had little-to-no idea where Harry and the others could be or what his objective or goals were, she was still his best friend and could be used as a pawn in this game of chess they were living in.

Finally, after what seemed to be hours when it was supposed to be minutes, they arrived in front of the stone gargoyle that guarded the entrance to the headmaster's office.

"Pureblood,"

Pureblood?

That is the most tackiest password I have ever heard...

But as expected of Snape.

Lucia watched silently as the gargoyle sprang to life and shot a distasteful look over to Amycus before it leapt aside; the wall behind it split in two to reveal a stone staircase that was moving continuously upward like a spiral escalator. The two of them stepped onto the moving stairs; the wall closed behind them with a thud, and they were moving upward in tight circles until they reached the highly polished oak door with the brass knocker shaped like a griffin.