096. "a room stained with blood, please, somebody save me"

XCVI

XCVI. STAY ALIVE

21:79 ─❁────────── 31:80

◁                        Ⅱ                        ▷

At the end of this sleepless twilight

Feels like I strayed through this nightmare

༻───────────────༺

          HARRY RAN BACK UP TO HIS bedroom, arriving at the window just in time to see the Dursley's car off up the road. Dedalus's top hat was visible between Aunt Petunia and Dudley in the backseat. The car turned right at the end of Privet Drive, its windows burned scarlet for a moment in the now setting sun, and then it was gone.

He picked up Hedwig's cage, his Firebolt, and his rucksack, gave his unnaturally tidy bedroom one last sweeping look, and then made his way back downstairs to the hall, where he deposited cage, broomstick, and bag near the foot of the stairs. The light was fading rapidly now, the hall full of shadows in the evening light. It felt most strange to stand here in the silence and know that he was about to leave the house for the last time.

Long ago, when he'd been left alone while the Dursleys went out to enjoy themselves, the hours of solitude were a rare treat: Pausing only to sneak something tasty from the fridge, he had rushed upstairs to play on Dudley's computer, or put on the television and flicked through the channels to his heart's content. It gave him an odd, empty feeling to remember those times; it was like remembering a younger brother whom he had lost.

Ding Dong.

Harry wheeled around cautiously over to the front door. He didn't know who or what was waiting for him, but due to his stupid Gryffindor traits that he possessed, he pursuit, taking a few steps toward the door. He gripped his wand anxiously and with a sharp intake of breath, he creaked the door open. Before he could do anything, his vision was filled with mane of ebony as he felt arms wrapping around his necks.

Usually, he would have pushed people away, but this embrace... he knew this embrace anywhere...

"Lucia?" But Harry was more relief than inquiring, taking in the aroma that could easily infatuate him; the peonies and citrus filled his mind intoxicatingly, but then he remembered that they were no longer together.

Harry pulled her away softly, taking in her very appearance; sure, she had always been beautiful in his eyes, but somehow, she had grown more radiant over course they were separated. He could still see the serenity of the night in her eyes that he'd been reposed in. She hadn't changed much, except for her hair that had grown in length, though it was plaited into a loose braid with her signature scarlet ribbon.