080. "and let it all rain down, from the blood stained clouds"

LXXX

LXXX. NOT A SIBLING RIVALRY

21:12 ─❁────────── 21:79

◁                            Ⅱ                            ▷

Oh nothing stays the same from yesteryears

See I recall being afraid of the dark

༻───────────────༺

          KATIE WAS REMOVED FROM THE care of Hogwart's hospital and to St. Mungo's instead by the following day, in which the news that she'd been cursed had now spread all over the school like wildfire. Though, the detail of the events were confusing and nobody other than Harry, Ron, Hermione, Lucia, and Leanne seemed to know that Katie herself had not been the intended target.

Harry was still determined to prove that it was Malfoy's doing, much to the dismay of Ron and Hermione who've been using the new policy of feigning deafness whenever Harry were to utter out the mere name of Malfoy. Lucia opted to not make any comments about this, remaining in the neutral side as much as she could, but she couldn't help but think that Malfoy wasn't as innocent as Ron and Hermione was making it out to be, however at the same time Harry didn't exactly have proof it was his fault either.

Sure, he maybe sixteen and was too young to even be branded by the mark, but she wasn't going to put it pass Voldemort regarding that. Especially with the suspicious activities she had been hearing from Astoria, who's been talking about how weird Malfoy had been ever since the start of the new term.

"It's odd, you know? He's been... really quiet these days. He'll only retaliate or speak when something really concerns him," said Astoria, staring over yonder as they sat by the banks of the freezing Black Lake, all bundled up. "I mean, sure, I don't know him as well as my sister, or Crabe or Goyle or Parkinson — or perhaps Nott and Zabini, but he seems a bit miserable these days."

"Miserable how?" Lucia furrowed her eyes, tearing her eyes away from colouring her sketch.

"Like, maybe it's just me, but he looks a bit pale."

Lucia was about to rebut with a sarcastic comment of how Malfoy had always been pale, but Astoria was quick to cut her off.

"No, I mean, he looks deathly pale." Astoria said seriously at her, before she turned her gaze back to the lake. "His eyes doesn't even look like they're focusing on the things around him —"

"Like he has something big running through his mind..." drew lucia..

"Exactly!" Astoria fussed. "He hasn't been doing his work like he used to, you know? Usually, he would sit in front of the fire in the common room whilst insulting Crabbe and Goyle. whilst also helping them with their homework — I know, seems a bit weird that he does that, but that's Malfoy."