031. "anyone please turn that clock forward"

XXXI

XXXI. UNREQUITED

19:09 ─❁────────── 19:79

◁                       Ⅱ                       ▷

Always walking alone

Always wanting for more

༻───────────────༺

          LIFE WAS DEFINITELY LIKE A flower.

Their only task was to bloom beautifully so that people could halt in motion and admire them. But like flowers, it could also live for so long that even at any given moment they would wither just like any other thing.

Lucia thought that flowers and life were no different from one another. It could go from ugly, to despairing, to beautiful and filled with jubilation just like that to the point that it was getting pretty annoying. She thought it was appalling how bipolar life could be sometimes as she sat idly on the wooden bench in the mini playground that was designated in her neighbourhood.

She heaved out a small sigh, stretching her neck, taking in the peacefulness that was her surroundings. There was no trace of children, and while it did made her question as to why it was empty, seeing as they were in the middle of the summer, it also made her feel nothing but content.

...almost anyway.

"What are you doing, Leon?" Lucia clicked her tongue in annoyance, gazing down at the seemingly paranoid boy that was laying on her lap.

"Look, I'm just trying to be sure that Hugo isn't hiding somewhere and ready to pounce on me whenever he could just because I'm laying on your lap," said Leon pointedly, and though his dark eyes were darting around in suspicion, the moment he laid eyes on her, all he could bring himself to do was to be fond.

Lucia looked back with her own pair of black eyes, amusement glazing them. "He won't have the guts to do it," she said.

"I doubt that," he scoffed, taking her sun hat away and shielding his face from the sun with it. "You don't know him like I do, Lucia," his voice muffled, but was still coherent.

"He's my brother,"

Leon scoffed a laugh, "You finally accept it?"

Lucia was confused. What did he mean by that?

As if he could see her confusion, he rephrased what he meant: "About Hugo being your brother... you finally accept it?"

Oh.