126. "we're still the same. howling ghost they reappear"

CXXVI

CXXVI. CASTLE ON THE HILL

21:79 ─❁────────── 31:80

◁                          Ⅱ                          ▷

In mountains that are stacked with fear

But you're a king and I'm a lionheart.

༻───────────────༺

          LUCIA WAS ON CLOUD NINE.

That was the only way to explain the moment, for she not only just freed a dragon from its unlawful captivity, but was also riding it for the first time in her whole life as though there was no ounce of fear in her body.

It felt thrilling, and the thought that they just broke into the most unbreakable place in the world went passed her mind for a moment there. This was certainly a story to tell her children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren and so on: They were now the first people to successfully break into Gringotts without dying.

She was going to go down in history.

albeit in a bad light probably, but she was still going to be mentioned as one of those four wizards that broke into Gringotts in 1998. They were the first one to succeed in ages, naming them the thieves of the century... of the ages... and quite frankly she didn't care. They did something wicked.

"Atta, sweetie! You're doing just great!" Lucia patted the dragon giddily. She had been too wrapped up in her own adrenaline that she had forgotten one particularly important thing.

There was no means of steering.

The dragon also could not see where it was going, for it was blind, and her friends were feeling quite the opposite of what she was feeling currently as they soared through the sky higher and higher with London unfurling below them like a grey-and-green map. While Lucia was reckless enough to let go of her grip of the dragon's scales, Harry was in an anxious glee as he clutched an arm around the former's waist and the other out, feeling the cool breeze soothing on his burned and blistered skin, the dragon's wings beating the air like the sails of a windmill. Behind him, whether from delight or fear he couldn't tell, Ron kept swearing at the top of his voice, and Hermione seemed to be sobbing.

"Isn't this amazing!" Lucia yelled over the wind.

"You're bloody mental!" Ron yelled before being drowned by Hermione's cries of fear as she clutched onto Ron's waist for dear life.

Right, Lucia had almost forgotten; Hermione's deathly afraid of heights.

Well, this is awkward...