006. "i'm wonder-struck, blushing all the way home"

VI

VI. THIS FLAWLESS NIGHT IS DUE TO YOU

01:03 ─❁────────── 01:80

◁                         Ⅱ                         ▷

This is falling in love in the cruelest way;

this is falling for you when you are worlds away

༻───────────────༺

          THE BELL RANG DEAFENINGLY, INDICATING the start of the afternoon lessons, and never in a million years did Lucia ever imagined herself being dragged around the castle like a ragdoll by a pair of boys as they tried to navigate their way to the North Tower for their Divination lesson.

"C-Can you two like, stop dragging me? I can walk by myself —"

"Then you'll try and run away from us," said Ron.

Harry then grinned, "And we won't let our friend go just like that,"

For a split second, Lucia almost mistaken them for insane people there as she releases all the tension in her muscles and let them drag her around more easily.

To these questionable people, she was their friend...

Actually, now that she thought about it, she never considered them as friends in the first place, for all her mind could register was that she could never truly have friends and instead, acquaintances. Yet when they used that term for her, it felt almost perfect, and she couldn't understand why?

Maybe that's the consoling part of her brain talking, because she remembered plenty of the friends she had back in primary school never admitting to even knowing her. Of course, back then, Lucia didn't blame them for wanting to keep their dignity.

In spite of dilly-dallying up their way to the tower, they still found themselves arriving at the bottom of a silver stepladder that led to a circular trapdoor in the ceiling.

"You know," started Lucia, gaining the attention of Harry and Ron as she wiggled out of their grasp, "If I wasn't taking this class, this moment would have been very awkward. How did you both even know I was apart of this class?" she added, puzzled.

"We can observe to!" said Ron.

"I don't doubt that..." but Harry and Ron gave her a pouty look together that made her shoulders slump. "Oh, fine. I did doubt, but can you blame me? I always hear from Granger whenever she mumbles in the dorm of how tactless you both can be."

"We're not tactless!" scoffed Harry, offended.

"Yeah!" exclaimed Ron. "We prefer to just not take any care in the world,"