086. "this is how we get notorious, oh"

LXXXVI

LXXXVI. THE SPIKING OF HAR — RON?!

31:07 ─❁────────── 31:80

◁                             Ⅱ                             ▷

Are you lost enough?

Have another drink, get lost in us

༻───────────────༺

          THE NEXT FEW DAYS WEREN'T all that exciting, Lucia thought. It consisted of Harry not mentioning about the Horcruxes toward the Potion Master, intentionally wanting to lull him into a false sense of security before returning to the attack. When Harry did not question Slughorn again, the Potions master reverted to his usual affectionate treatment of him, and appeared to have put the matter from his mind.

Was Harry's plan ingenious? Not exactly.

Was it at least clever of him to trick Slughorn once more? Sure.

But was it going to last? She didn't think so, for he was already making his next plan of attack.

Harry was waiting for an invitation to one of his little evening parties, determined to accept this time, even if he had to reschedule Quidditch practice. Unfortunately, however, no such invitation arrived. Harry checked with Lucia, Hermione, and Ginny: Neither of them had received an invitation and nor, as far as they knew, had anybody else. Harry could not help wondering whether this meant that Slughorn was not quite as forgetful as he appeared, simply determined to give Harry no additional opportunities to question him.

Meanwhile, the Hogwarts library had failed Hermione for the first time in living memory. She was so shocked, she even forgot that she was annoyed at Harry for his trick with the bezoar.

"I haven't found one single explanation of what Horcruxes do!" she told Harry, barging into the empty aisle of book shelfs in the library, where he and Lucia was in a mid-snogging session.

She didn't look all that embarrassed though, even to the fact that she had interrupted them, but they were all too used to it already. As much as Lucia love the time she had with Harry, she was aware there were more complicated matters for them to attend to. Though, it would always leave Harry a bit disgruntled.

"We were in the middle of something — oof," said Harry, as Lucia nudged his ribs hard as she got off the single-person desk.

"Not even a single one?" she asked, acting casually.

"No! I've been right through the restricted section and even in the most horrible books, where they tell you how to brew the most gruesome potions — nothing! All I could find was this, in the introduction to Magick Moste Evile — listen — 'Of the Horcrux, wickedest of magical inventions, we shall not speak nor give direction...' I mean, why mention it then?" she said impatiently, slamming the old book shut; it let out a ghostly wail. "Oh, shut up," she snapped, stuffing it back into her bag.