019. "Even the darkness we see is so beautiful"

XIX

XIX. WILL YULE DANCE WITH ME?

01:03 ─❁────────── 01:80

◁                        Ⅱ                         ▷

To face the past and the future

How much hope is needed to reach you

༻───────────────༺

          "WANT TO DITCH?" HER EYES twinkled brightly.

Harry blinked. "What — ?"

"Do you... uh... want to ditch? I-I'm asking you, Harry Potter, if you want to ditch this place and go somewhere else?"

Impulsively he answered, not wasting a breath.

"Let's go."

His eyes glimmered, reflecting hers. She beamed, before she eagerly pulled him up to his feat before she dragged him out of the Great Hall stealthily, without catching any attention.

The smile that curled unexpectedly on Harry's lips never faltered one bit as they ran out of the Great Hall and down the empty corridors of the ancient Hogwarts castle, hand in hand, trying as best as they could to not attract any attention. He couldn't tear his eyes away from the girl that was leading him to somewhere unknown, and quite honestly, he didn't feel as though he minded that one bit.

The unknown, for once, felt exhilarating.

And the fact that it was her that was leading him made it even better. The daytime did not do her justice, for it was like she was made for the night — or, perhaps, the night was made for her.

Maybe he'd just eaten something weird before this, or maybe his eyes were just deceiving him, but something about tonight made it seem as though she shone the brightest out of everyone in the Hall. As if the moon itself wanted her to shine. And the way she smiled...

It immediately reminded him the warmth of spring. Maybe even better.

He was too caught up by her beauty to even notice where she had dragging him. They were in the outskirts of the castle toward the —

"Why are we heading to the Forbidden Forest?" Harry asked at once, tugging her back, alarmed.

"Just... just trust me," she smiled enthrallingly at him, causing his heart to skip a beat. "You do trust me, right?"

"Depends," he said, quirking a brow.

"Clever," Lucia snorted. "Well, I read —"

"You read?"