093. "here we are wasting our chances for the last time"

XCIII

XCIII. WHEN I GO, BURY ME IN SNOW

31:07 ─❁────────── 31:80

◁                            Ⅱ                           ▷

Say it once, say it twice, try to be nice

Well, let's not lose ourselves❞

༻───────────────༺

          THEY WALKED ALONG THE BATTERED corridors that had become a battlefield of the Order of the Phoenix, the faculty, and students of Hogwarts against the adversaries that the Death Eaters that had infiltrated the castle they called home.

Even as they walked in blind silence, holding each other's hand for warmth and consolation, it still felt like it never actually happened. Just a few hours ago they were having a normal school day and Lucia was just helping Ginny and Luna controlling their hormones, but now they were bloodied from combatting against people that wouldn't waste a second but to kill them. And not to mention Dumbledore's untimely demise...

Incomprehensible voices battered them, sobs and shouts and wails stabbed the night, but Harry and Lucia walked on, back up the steps into the entrance hall. Faces swam on the edges of Harry's vision, people were peering at him, whispering, wondering, and Gryffindor rubies glistened on the floor like drops of blood as they made their way toward the marble staircase.

"Where are we going?" she heard Harry croaked behind her.

"T-The hospital wing," said Lucia.

"But I'm not hurt — neither of us are,"

"Yes, but some are and we're going to see them," she said softly. "I reckon that they are all there after what happened..."

Fear stirred in Harry's chest again: He had forgotten the inert figures he had left behind. "Who else is dead?"

Lucia squeezed his hand consolingly, "Don't worry, I-I'm sure none of us are,"

"But the Dark Mark — Malfoy said he stepped over a body —"

She closed her eyes, biting her lip. "I-I think that was Bill," Harry immediately opened her mouth to ask, but she beat him to it. "Last time I saw him, he was definitely alive, but..."

"But?" Harry's eyes widened.

"S-Something happened is all," said Lucia. "He's a bit of a mess right now and the rest of the Weasleys are with him I reckon,"

But Harry could sense for the tone in her voice that something terrible had happened to the oldest of the Weasley children.

"Perhaps you didn't notice, but Greyback attacked him. I don't know what Madam Pomfrey would say, but from — from the looks of it, he won't look the same as he did before..." Lucia tried her best to carry herself for the both of them; she needed to be strong, but she was finding it harder and harder by the minute. "Madam Pomfrey is probably analysing the aftereffect of Greyback's attack on him right now... but since he didn't transform, it would probably be harder to say..."