003. "if I listen closely I can hear it even now"

III

III. HIDEOUS

01:03 ─❁────────── 01:80

◁                        Ⅱ                        ▷

I still want to live a bit more

I want to find my own beliefs

༻───────────────༺

          THE TRAIN BEGAN ITS COURSE and Lucia could only yawn as she took in the sound of thick rain splattering against the window. She wanted to look out and admire as they transitioned from the urban city life to the beautiful countryside, but like always she got sidetracked quickly; Lucia found herself watching in anticipation as she placed her bets quietly on which raindrop would reach the finish line first.

She was greatly disappointed to know that it wasn't the one she betted on.

"Lucia," She hummed in acknowledgement, not tearing her eyes away from the next raindrop race as Ron called for her. "Do you know about this special event in Hogwarts?"

This caught her attention. She perked and wheeled her head to Ron and the others, perplexed.

"There's a... a special event this year that isn't Quidditch?"

"Of course, she doesn't know, Ron," said Hermione. "Her parents aren't apart of the Ministry!"

My parents aren't apart of my life either but... "I'm a bit confused," Lucia said to Harry.

Harry smiled kindly. "I know as much as you do," he said. "There's this mysterious thing that's happening in Hogwarts, but we have no idea what it is,"

"Why not asked your parents about it then?" Lucia asked, confused. "I'm useless,"

Harry frowned at once at this statement. "No, you're no —"

"Because they're keeping it a secret from us," stated Hermione, cutting Harry off. "They are all keeping it a secret from us for some reason,"

Ron undid his trunk, pulled out his maroon dress robes, and flung them over his owl's cage to muffle his hooting before saying, "Bagman wanted to tell us what's happening at Hogwarts," He said grumpily, "At the World Cup, remember?" Ron beckoned his best friends, who nodded. "But my own mother won't say. Wonder what —"

"You all went to the Quidditch World Cup?" awed Lucia.

"You didn't?" Harry asked.

"Can't exactly go when your caretakers are muggles, right? Plus, I also didn't have much time for it anyway..." said Lucia with a bitter smile. "But from the looks of it, it must've been as good as the Prophet made it out to be."