111. "don't know if you get it 'cause I can't express how thankful I am"

CXI

CXI. TO BE OR NOT TO BE

21:79 ─❁────────── 31:80

◁                         Ⅱ                         ▷

We've taken different paths,

And travelled different roads

༻───────────────༺

          "MEMORIA?"

Lucia stared at the glowing floating book with incredulity. Had she actually gone crazy already?

Possibly.

But whatever she was looking at right now, it just could not be real. She refused to believe it was real, as she took off the spectacles she was wearing and was only met by the dark surroundings of the Restricted Section with the only thing illuminating was the lantern beside her. She slowly put it back on, and was blinded by the glow once more.

"Oh, great. Perfectly great!"

Note: She was being sarcastic.

Lucia took off the spectacle: darkness. She put it back on: light.

Something was definitely not adding up, and she could not help but think that it was because of Dumbledore's spectacles. She would be blind — she think she already was — to think that it was not because of these spectacles on her nose.

It was almost odd, she had to admit.

Was she supposed to understand what it should be used for with only this as clue? Surely Dumbledore did not overestimate her smarts, because she was starting to think she was really really dumb, for she still could not put the pieces of the puzzle together even with the picture being right in front of her.

What the hell is this thing for?

She hoped that it was not something that was vital in Harry, Ron, and Hermione's journey. If it was, then they would definitely be doomed with a puzzle missing —

Stop thinking of that, Lucia!

Right, sorry.

Lucia scrambled up to her feet, careful not to make any sound as she did so. She felt adrenaline rushing through her veins as she stared at the glowing and floating journal of her father with MEMORIA engraved on it so prominently, which made her wonder whether it was there this whole time or not.

She took back the part she said she was not oblivious and was only dumb, because she certainly now both.

She wanted to touch it.