nine; jinjoo

tw ⚠ // lowercase intended
=

july 25, 2018
day 2

10:10am
incheon high school, classroom 10-A

"i thought the tape was okay?" minjoo asked yujin while inspecting the large wound on the girl's arm.

"well.. i took it off in the locker room, that's why." minjoo glared at her, making the latter gulp intensely, scratching her head guiltily.

yujin chuckled, "yeah.. kind of my fault anyway."

hyunseo then went to the two juniors, putting up a comforting smile,

"are you okay, yujin unnie?" asked the sophomore.

yujin grinned, "more than okay actually. it just sucks that i can't find anything that can cover up this wound." yujin replied,

hyunseo suddenly took off her yellow hoodie, "here, take my hoodie," she said. but yujin shook her head, "yah, that's my birthday gift for you. keep it" hyunseo giggled, nodding anyway.

"you should let gaeul borrow it. she's shivering" yujin said as they looked at gaeul sitting by herself at the corner, eyeing the books placed messily on the bookshelves.

hyunseo nodded then quickly went to the girl.

"are you not mad?" wonyoung then popped out of nowhere making both juniors flinch in surprise, but quickly regained their composure.

"no." yujin thought for a while. "why would I be? i get it, they're scared. i understand them anyway" she added then stood up so she can go to yena, leaving wonyoung and minjoo to speak with each other.

"yena unnie," the girl flinched a bit, dropping her glasses, but gratefully, yujin caught it swiftly. "jesus christ- what do you need?" yena asked while grabbing her specs from the junior's hand

"how long have we stayed here?" yujin asked. yena thought or a while as she was putting on her specs. "about like- twenty minutes or so. are you feeling okay?" the older one asked back, blinking so she can adjust her eyesight.

yujin nodded, "yeah, i don't feel anything. i feel fine."

yena quickly grabbed the walkie talkie and turned it on.

"yah, you shits. yujin's okay. she can freely kick each of your asses." yena growled, yujin chuckled softly then patted her friend's back.

"are you sure?" chaewon was heard through the gadget.

"of course i'm sure, what the hell — we're coming back now." yena replied. she was about to turn off the walkie-talkie but someone spoke again.

"are you 100% sure that there are no symptoms?" sakura tried to clarify, clearing out yena's patience.

"for the millionth frikin' time! she's okay!" yena was starting to get annoyed but yujin signaled her not to get angry.

yena sighed, "we're coming."

"tell yujin, i'm sorry" sakura said before turning the gadget off. static then filled up the room.

"let's go, i've had enough of this separating shit." yena placed the walkie talkie in her pocket before grabbing her bat, then gestured everyone to stand up so they can leave the place immediately.

yena opened the door and the others were about to go outside already, but minjoo suddenly spoke, catching everyone's attention.

"w-wait.." everyone stopped as yena closed the door again so no flesh-eaters can get to them them,