thirty-six; regrets

tw ⚠ // lowercase intended
=

september 1, 2018
day 40

6:01pm
forest

"we have to go there" minjoo stated while fixing herself, but eunbi grabbed her arm.

"minjoo, we can't. it's not safe there."

"i have to!"

"no. you're not going ther-"

"let go of me!"

yuri and hitomi suddenly jolted awake, clearly stunned at minjoo's tone, especially to eunbi who is one of their respected seniors at the moment,

eunbi sighed then let go of minjoo's arm. "what is your problem, minjoo? do you want to — burn or get shot to death??"

"of course not-!"

"then what??"

minjoo groaned in annoyance. "what if they're still in there?? huh?? are you just gonna let them suffer inside there? well if no one wants to come with me, then i'll go alone!"

wonyoung stepped up. "can you both stop arguing? flesh-eaters might hear. we're in an apocalypse for goodness sake."

all of them went silent, and all that they heard was the cracking flames from the distance.

not until they heard faint voices from far away,

"where are they, yujin? you told us they were just here?"

"i-i don't know, maybe they just took a stroll—"

hyunseo gently grabbed wonyoung's hand, "i think that's rei and yujin unnie.." then pointed in the distance. "i heard it somewhere over there,," she added.

wonyoung tightly grabbed hyunseo's hands before nodding, "well then let's go there."

all of them started walking towards the direction where hyunseo pointed at earlier very stealthily.

but all of a sudden, they heard another familiar voice. "jiwon?"

all of them turned their heads to the voice, then looked at jiwon who was also shocked as everyone.

"rei?.."

"jiwon?? JIWON!" rei rushed to the girl and gave her a tight hug. "it's been so long.. how are you?" rei asked as jiwon reciprocated the hug,

"i should be the one asking you that." both girls chuckled then pulled away,

"where are the others?" jiwon asked,

"ah — wait, they're here. i just got excited when i saw you from far away to the point that i completely lost it then left them there so i wish that they won't be angry and—"

"yena??? what happened to your face??" eunbi quickly rushed to the said girl while examining her face which was full of bruises and cuts.

yena laughed awkwardly and grabbed eunbi's hands, "eh.. things happened.." she replied before taking eunbi's hands off her face.

"-they're here" rei tensely finished her sentence while rubbing her nape,

"chaewon-ah! hyewon-ah! oh my god i missed you all! glad you all are back..!"

all of them greeted each other with hugs and smiles on their faces,

"where's gaeul unnie?" all of them got silent at jiwon's question.

soon after, they heard footsteps as they saw yujin walking towards them while sobbing,

minjoo didn't hesitate to go towards her then hugged her as well, followed by hyunseo. but they suddenly noticed that the latter was crying.