fifty-two; "i'm sorry" ²

tw ⚠ // lowercase intended
=

"i am.."

yujin smiled bitterly. "i'm bitten," she spoke then fixed her collar to hide the bite.

"it's—"

"you're what?" all of them felt their breath hitch as soon as they heard minjoo speak,

"—i'm done, alright?" yujin weakly stated as she felt her neck that was starting to throb.

yena's anger flushed away as she tried going towards yujin, but the girl signaled her to stop with her hand.

"why?.. no.." yena's voice cracked as she started to feel her world crumbling down.

"it was very unexpected actually. it was eunbi unnie. i got.. bit by her."

minjoo sniffled before speaking, "y-you said that the virus takes over in a minute, right?? YOU'RE FINE!" she yelled.

yujin pursed her lips. "i thought so too.." the girl was resisting herself from crying, as well as the others.

"it's- ah.. shit." yujin felt her bite mark throbbing in pain as she hovered her hand onto it to calm it down.

"where did you put the gun?" no one was answering yujin.

"where?.."

"what will you do with it?" jiwon asked, standing up from her position then crossed her arms,

yujin shook her head then took a deep breath, "i don't wanna be like those, i'm begging.." she sobbed weakly.

"i left it back there at the hospital." rei stated with her voice quivering.

yujin sighed helplessly then looked around,

she then spotted a window behind rei,

she slowly headed towards there then looked down below, shivering at the sight since the height's too tall. she'll surely die as soon as she thought of jumping.

yujin was frozen there for a while, until she felt arms snaking around her waist, then felt something wet on her lower back, followed by sobbing.

she knew that familiar sobs very well,

yujin turned around and was greeted by everyone resisting their tears. except for hyunseo who was being hugged by jiwon.

yujin looked down and saw minjoo gripping onto her tightly.

she choked on a sob before gently searching for minjoo's face to cup it.

yujin successfully found it then cupped minjoo's face, indirectly telling her to look at her. 

yujin was then greeted by minjoo's swoĺlen eyes.

"please don't leave.." yujin painfully smiled then wiped minjoo's tears with her thumbs.

"i'm sorry" she muttered.

yujin started crying as she hugged the latter tightly,

"will you take care of leeseo for me?.." yujin shakily asked while she was gently caressing minjoo's back.

minjoo didn't respond, but yujin felt her nod on her shoulders.

they both retreated from the hug as they stared at each other deeply. minjoo sobbed, quaveringly landing her hand on yujin's cheek to wipe the younger's tears softly.

minjoo's hand snaked it's way to yujin's nape, playing with the soft baby hair as she scanned the latter's face. starting from her swollen eyes, to her pointy nose, and to her pinkish lips.

yujin found herself a bit flushed because of minjoo's intense stare, but she didn't dare to back down.

until both of them leaned closer, their bodies pressed together as their lips touched.

their hearts started to beat twice as faster as they poured all their emotions to their lip-lock.

the world is really cruel sometimes.. isn't it?

they all stayed in silence for a while,

not until yujin unintentionally pulled away as she felt her neck throbbing in pain.

"a-aw—shit.." yujin breathed out, massaging around the bite to reduce the throbbing.

she looked up again and saw hyunseo looking at her. the junior smiled sadly, she opened her arms before crouching down, asking the girl for a hug.

jiwon let go of hyunseo as the girl walked towards yujin to give her a comforting and reassuring hug.

yujin cherished it all as she squeezed in a tight hug before letting go, cupping the sophomore's face.

"there's more of you out there.. you didn't need to sacrifice yourself for the world. i'm just glad that you're fine.."

hyunseo felt quite sad that she can't help save the world, but as yujin said, there are a lot more people like her, that are immune. she didn't have to worry too much.

the junior slowly walked to the window, hopping on the window sill as she closed her eyes, taking a deep breath.

she felt her vision reddening as she felt herself feeling cold.

yujin shut her eyes tightly as she felt more tears falling down to her cheeks.

she can't do it.

she opened her eyes, the red tint in her vision were gone. she wiped her runny nose then turned around, hopping back inside.

she whimpered then rushed to minjoo, going for one, last, and final hug.

and that's where the both of them started crying,

"i'm sorry.." minjoo tightened the hug, nodding slightly while she buried her face into yujin's shoulders.

"i'm sorry that i failed." yujin quavered,

"i'm sorry that i broke my promises,"

"i'm sorry that i have to leave,"

"i'm sorry that i did some mistakes,"

"i'm sorry.."

"don't.." minjoo whispered,

yujin felt herself going weak as she looked at yena, nodding, as a sign of farewell.

yujin quickly waddled towards hyunseo, "don't give your minjoo unnie a hard time, a-alright?" she ordered softly then placed something inside hyunseo's hands.

"i'll be with you through there. don't read it now, but read it when you get to safety." she said and flashed a dimple smile.

she stood up and sighed, going towards the window before looking back once more.

"wonyoung. always make sure that everything's fine, okay? don't separate ever again.." yujin spoke one last time before hopping on the window sill,

she took a deep breath before turning her head around, flashing her one last smile.

"make it home."

seconds later, they saw no yujin on the window sill,

minjoo can't handle her tears no more as she started bawling, falling onto the ground. she had a hard time breathing and was going hysterical because of the sudden events.

jiwon helped minjoo in stabilizing herself as hyunseo went to hug minjoo. it didn't help that they heard a faded thud on the ground, resulting minjoo to break down with all her strength.

yena, too overwhelmed with the emotions, glanced at the lifeless yuri on the ground and looked at the blood stains. until her eyes landed on wonyoung.

the younger girl signaled her for a hug. she complied anyway.

she ran towards the latter, and squeezed a hug, sobbing helplessly.