eighteen; the 'talk' // kangbi

tw ⚠ // lowercase intended
=

july 28, 2018
day 5

11:21am
lee family cabin

"gaeul-ah, can you please wake up yujin and minjoo? minjoo needs to fix up while hyunseo's parents want to talk to yujin."

"MORNING LOVEBIRDS! YOU HEARD HER, RISE AND SHINE SLEEPY ASSES-" gaeul exclaimed while aggressively shaking yujin who's peacefully cuddling with minjoo.

yujin grumbled in her sleep,

"yujin unnie! minjoo unnie! wake upppppp,,"

"leeseo-yah..later.."

"eomma and appa wants to talk to you about something. i don't know what it is but they said it's a message of appreciation so i don't really kno-"

"I'M AWAKE!-" the mid-schooler flinched at yujin's sudden outburst,

"tell aunty i'll get going." she added then stood up from the bed, leaving minjoo who's snoring soundly.

hyunseo nodded then exited the room.

"also, don't wake up minjoo yet, she's tired. tell hyewon that it's my call." gaeul nodded then exited the room as well.

=

11:29am
lee family cabin, balcony

"uncle! it's great to see you.." yujin exclaimed as she hugged the man.

hyunseo's parents invited yujin to the balcony to have a talk,

talk about the situation i mean,

"before we proceed.. we just wanna say thank you." yujin rose her left brow as she took a seat beside hyunseo's mother.

"thank you? thank you for what?" she asked.

"for protecting hyunseo for us," yujin smiled, "no problem, she's a very precious kid." the compliment made the sophomore's parents smile.

"but we just wanted to say something " yujin was silent, anticipating to whatever they were about to say,

"if we somehow don't make it by the end of this, please take care of our little girl for us."

the junior froze on her seat,

"n-no..no, no. don't say that, try your best, she needs you both as her parents, especially in a situation like this i-"

"and we'll leave that role to you, and minjoo,"

"minjoo?"

"hyunseo told us there's something going on with you two,"

"ahh.."

"can you please at least promise that for us?"

"but-"

"can you?"

yujin was battling with her inner thoughts. well yea- she can take care of leeseo but she can't promise something like this. heck- she might even die tomorrow. but she also doesn't want to break hyunseo's parents' expectations.

yujin sighed, closing her eyes for a few seconds before opening them again. "okay, i'll try. i'll try my best.."

hyunseo's mother smiled, "thank you, yujin-ah. thank you, really. we don't know what will happen next, but just keep our daughter safe, and the rest of you too." she said.