thirty-three; 'promise.'

tw ⚠ // lowercase intended
=

september 1, 2018
day 40

9:17am
furies' base, warehouses

thud

hitomi yelped as soon as she felt a heavy impact on her knee,

yuri heard this and turned her head to the sound, revealing hitomi sitting on the ground who was checking her knee.

"yujin-ah, wait!" yuri exclaimed. yujin stopped running then confusedly looked at yuri, then spotted hitomi on the floor.

both of them went hitomi then kneeled to her level,

"oh, what happened?" yuri asked while glancing at hitomi's knee,

"i tripped on a branch, but everything's okay. i just need something to support me while i walk, my knee's pretty numb." yuri carelessly gave yujin the boxes she's holding then helped hitomi in standing up,

"you carry those, i'll help her walk." yujin just nodded as they continued to walk. "once we get there, eunbi unnie can handle that" yujin reassured.

=

crunching leaves

eunbi, hyunseo, and minjoo flinched because of the sound. while jiwon jolted awake, making wonyoung also wake up, rubbing her eyes, seeing the same concerned face of everyone.

minjoo grabbed a random stone from the ground,

well — she didn't have any choice anyway. they all left their belongings in the archers' base. the worst part, all of their weapons were there. the same goes for minjoo's bow and arrow and their food supply.

the archery expert squinted her eyes then inspected the area.

the footsteps were getting louder,

until they saw three figures going towards them,

minjoo gripped on the stone then started to aim, but one of the figures spoke,

"woah woah woah! calm down. you don't want to kill us.. don't you..? unless you want to." they all sighed in relief as they heard a much rather familiar voice in the distance.

minjoo threw the stone at the opposite direction then faced the three figures who were going towards them.

"what happened to tomi?" eunbi concernedly asked then went towards them to check on limping hitomi.

"any news?" minjoo asked with no emotion. yujin noticed this and stared at the latter, minjoo was avoiding her gaze though.

"yujin unnie!" hyunseo excitedly welcomed the taller girl with a hug.

"what's going on?" jiwon asked while trying to process everything, since she just woke up from her nap.

"wHERE wERE yOU tHREE???" wonyoung questioned, her voice cracking a bit, making yuri snort.

"she tripped on a branch then landed on her knees." yuri replied to eunbi then assisted hitomi to sit down with jiwon and wonyoung by the log,

"what's with the boxes?" jiwon asked as yujin was placing them on the ground. "ehh.. you know we get kind of sleepy and we can't quite leave yet so we have no choice but to sleep here on the ground." she replied.

"what do you mean 'we can't quite leave yet'?" minjoo asked with furrowed brows, staring at the cardboard boxes that yujin placed on the ground.

"fortunately, we found the others inside, but yena's not in good shape. she got beaten up."