epilogue; home

tw ⚠ // lowercase intended
=

september 6, 2022
day 1,503

4 years later.. 

it was hard for yena, rei, minjoo, wonyoung, jiwon, and hyunseo to move forward after dealing with the losses of their best friends.

but they can't break their friend's promises and expectations.

to 'make it home.'

gladly, they did find a home.

they learned that the human population is not.. doing very well.

even the military, they also became these mindless flesh-eater freaks.

it was them and them only alone,

..maybe not?

four years after dealing with survival, they had a hard time building and managing their places to stay.

they had this one rule. it is to 'never trust anyone outside of the walls.'

the girls found this pretty run down and abandoned neighborhood. yeah — they did had some difficulties with flesh-eaters as they were trying to plan things out, but it's all set now and they had all the knowledge on how this epidemic works.

starting from training to how to use weapons, how to make them, how to protect themselves. then soon after, they all learned about how the flesh-eaters are like.

heyyyy — they did their research.

all of them grew up inseparable.

hyunseo was seventeen now, and minjoo is raising her very well.

never knew minjoo could be this.. mother material?..

"aim. just shoot when you feel like you need to shoot. take a deep breath, then let go of the arrow." minjoo instructed the determined seventeen year old hyunseo who's very passionate to learn how to use a bow and arrow.

hyunseo closed one eye as she let go of the arrow, knocking one can out. she turned around and saw minjoo with an amused expression.

she started to anticipate for a good comment coming from her 'mom'.

"hmm.. not bad, but not good either," minjoo commented,

hyunseo slumped her shoulders, earning a chuckle from minjoo who found it adorable. "hey.. it's okay. you have more time to learn."

the door suddenly opened,

"hey, you both. lunch is ready," a nineteen year old jiwon suddenly barged in.

"hmm~? what lunch did chef yena prepare for today?" minjoo teasingly asked she she took the bow and arrow from hyunseo, placing it back to where it belongs.

"fish. rei and wonyoung fished earlier in the morning." jiwon scrunched her nose as soon as she finished her sentence.

minjoo slightly snickered. "control your jealousy sometimes, liz."

"hey- i'm not—"

"LUNCH IS READY! EAT UP, OR I'M FINNA HAVE O EAT THIS ALL BY MYSELF!" minjoo and jiwon jokingly rolled their eyes as soon as they heard yena's voice. 

hyunseo giggled at the sight,

"let's go before she says something stupid again,"

as time goes by, yena went from a science nerd into somebody completely different. she became more annoying and noisy. yeah — it did take a lot of patience- but hey, they can manage their duck friend now.