twenty-three; newcomers

tw ⚠ // lowercase intended
=

august 30, 2018
day 38

9:33pm
archers' base

"OPEN THE GATES! WE HAVE NEWCOMERS!" ryujin shouted as soon as they arrived in front of this tall intimidating gate.

"hey, ryujin — slow down. how many are they?"

they saw ryujin turn around, as well as the four others that were with her earlier then they started counting them mentally.

"fourteen." yujin hung her head down low since she felt guilt wash over her again. 

she then felt yena squeeze her shoulder to reassure her for a bit,

"have you checked their health status?" the woman behind the gate asked.

"yeahh..?? no?? maybe??" the other four that were with ryujin sighed,

"hayyyyy—"

"humans. forget. things. okay?" ryujin reasoned out,

the person from behind the gate opened the passageway as she walked towards them with a thermometer,

"names please-"

"yah! save the greetings for later. someone needs urgent medical help."

the girl then went towards rei who was being carried by one of the people from earlier "alright, fine. they look clean anyway. come on, let's go inside. yoon will be your tour guide, but this poor fella needs to have an accompany in the clinic. once again, we're sorry that we harmed one of your people."

"i'll accompany her," they all looked towards the voice and saw jiwon raising her arm.

"that's great. come on, follow me." jiwon looked at yujin one last time and saw that the girl nodded. she returned the gesture then followed the person to the clinic with rei.

"nice to meet you all, i'm shim jayoon and you can call me yoon for short. i'll be guiding to through this community and you can have a choice if you wanna stay, okay?" a tall girl suddenly appeared.

"that sounds good, thank you, yoon-ssi" yujin spoke, bringing hyunseo and minjoo closer to her,

"oh it's no problem. but before we start, can i have your names first?"

=

9:42pm
archers' base, apartments

"so we have, yena-ssi, tomi-ssi, yujin-ssi, gaeul-ssi, hyunseo-ssi, minjoo-ssi, eunbi-ssi, yuri-ssi, hyewon-ssi, chaewon-ssi, rei-ssi and jiwon-ssi are at the clinic, and then wonyoung-ssi. complete?"

all of them got silent but soon nodded their heads,

"okay. let's move on to our introduction. the first apartment belongs to ryujin, jisu, yeji, yuna, and chaeryeong. they are our unofficial hunters — NOT for food, but for survivors. they're the ones who found you outside."

half of them let out a small 'ahhh' as they were nodding their heads.

"oh, and, the apartment in front of their ryujin's apartment belongs to jimin, minjeong, ningning, and aeri. they're pretty much close with ryujin's group and they get along pretty well."

"we have uhh.. our leaders but they are very carefree seniors though. they stay over there inside headmaster's base. they usually have their meetings there so they can keep this community safe from those uhh—"

"from those?" hitomi questioned,

yoon shook her head lightly, "you'll know soon."

"one of the doctors here is kim jisoo. she's our most respected medical staff and is probably the one fixing up your friend right now."

"and lastly, our apartment, that includes me, sieun, isa, j, seeun, and sumin. first of all, we just arrived here just maybe 3 weeks or so. people inside this community are very generous. but anyway, may i know where all of you came from?"

they all noticed that yujin was being distracted so yena spoke up, "we're actually survivors from incheon high school.. yeah.. quite tragic."

"from a prestigious school i see.." yoon squinted her eyes the scanned them one by one,

"don't expect much from us, jayoon-ssi." yena mentioned, chuckling awkwardly, the rest then soon followed.

"ah! noooooo, i'm not, don't worry,,"

"let's move on to our journey, hm?"

=

10:18pm
archers' base, clinic

"do you still feel more pain, rei-yah?"

"yeah, no shit." jiwon chuckled at the girl's response, "that's surprising, you just swore."

"pfft, i cuss at yujin all the time. but i don't cuss at you because i adore you."

rei flinched at what she said,

she was about to reconcile but the door suddenly opened,

"rei-yah, are you okay?" yujin, gaeul, wonyoung, and hyunseo suddenly bardged in.

"i'm good. dr. kim was kind enough to remove the bullet that pierced through my shoulder. she even wrapped it very well. she also said that it was fortunate that the bullet was not too deep." rei responded while slightly stretching all of her joints and limbs.

"ow.." rei expressed as she felt a sharp pain on her shoulder.

yujin chuckled, "yah, don't move too much yet."

jiwon then guided rei so she can sit properly on the bed.

"where are the others?" jiwon asked as she checked the girl's shoulder,

"they're staying in a room right now. we'll have a meeting once you can go already—"

yujin was cut off with the door opening,

"ah, she can go."

"dr. kim!"

"she's fine. just don't make her move too much." everyone turned their heads to the voice and saw this very beautiful woman, making all of them slightly flustered.

yujin walked closer to the woman "a-ah.. hello nice to meet you. are you perhaps dr. kim?"

"yes, indeed, dr. kim jisoo's my full name. and i am sure that you're probably one of the newcomers, hm? what's your name?"

"yujin. ahn yujin. thanks for fixing up our friend." yujin replied then shook hands with the woman,

"ah, it's no problem. are you gonna bring rei-ssi back to your rooms?" she asked,

"yeah, actually. can we actually bring her with us?" yujin tried to clarify. jisoo chuckled wholeheartedly, "of course, of course."

yujin then walked to rei then helped jiwon assist her with walking, "thanks again, dr. kim, we are eternally grateful." gaeul spoke for yujin as she was the one who exited the room last.

=

10:29pm
archers' base, temporary house

"this is where you guys will be staying. temporarily." ryujin informed as half of the girls sat on the beds, bouncing on it excitedly.

"temporarily?" wonyoung asked,

"we'll continue the talk tomorrow. for now, you guys need some rest."

"thank you so muc-" yena was cut off by ryujin closing the door.

the room was silent

until chaewon made herself comfortable on the bed "goodnight fellas,," she said before closing her eyes. soon after, snoring soundly.

hyewon shrugged then made herself comfortable as well as she closed her eyes.

eventually, all of them fell asleep with many questions inside their head.