fifty-one; "i'm sorry"

tw ⚠ // lowercase intended

=

september 6, 2018
day 45

1:11pm
abandoned office building

there's this abandoned building beside the hospital, and that's where they are now.

it looked like a run-down office building. not really much important but yeah, they were inside one of the rooms in the said structure.

yena quickly placed the wounded yuri on the floor. the same as yujin who also placed hyunseo on the ground.

all of them didn't talk since they exited the hospital. they planned to find a safe place first before asking questions and other things.

everyone sat on the floor as jiwon helped yena with yuri.

"w-what happened to hyewon and eunbi unnie?" yujin asked first as she sat down beside minjoo and hyunseo, leaving this tiny space between them.

"what happened?" yujin asked again, but no one was answering her,

"why is no one—"

"hyewon was bit. eunbi.. i.. we don't know.." minjoo replied beside her, grabbing her right arm in the process then pulled her closer. yujin got confused with the sudden skinship, but she shrugged it off anyway.

but then she remembered something,

her eyes widened as she slowly parted away from minjoo who seemed a bit confused, "what's wrong?" she asked.

yujin shook her head then turned her gaze to hyunseo who had this unreadable expression.

"feel okay?"

"yes, unnie. i'm alright, don't worry. many things just happened lately and.." hyunseo looked uneasy,

"and?"

"nothing." the mid schooler shook her head as she sat properly.

"so what are we gonna d-" yujin was cut off,

"help me with yuri, damn it!"

"take a deep breath.. inhale.. exhale.." jiwon ordered softly.

"yuri-yah, don't close your eyes. please.."

everyone went to the scene as they stared at yuri who was looking very pale and she's having a hard time breathing,

"shit. what do we do?" yuri smiled slightly at yujin's question,

"i-it's okay. you've done enough for me.." yuri stuttered as she gently held yena and jiwon's hands that was resting on her abdomen.

"we.. we have no choice. i'm dead, yena, okay? i'm dying." the injured girl bitterly spat.

"don't give up too fast. we'll find a doctor just—"

"throw me outside."

yena froze with the sudden demand from yuri,

"w-what?"

"this infection is serious, yena. there's a possibility that i might turn as well even though i'm not-"

"don't say it. t-that's not possible — that's.. no.. it can't be."

"yena-"

"yuri don't let us adjust with your bullshit. we can let you heal. it's just — you need a little bit more time, okay? don't give up on us yet" minjoo butted in.

yuri suddenly coughed intensely, whimpering because of the pain in her abdomen. "don't be in denial. all of you. i'm done, alright? just promise that.." the girl was starting to close her eyes, but jiwon shook her gently.

"promise what? hey.. yuri.."

"just make it to safety, hm?.. protect yourselves." yuri pleaded as she was slowly fluttering her eyes close.

"y-yuri?"

"talk to us, hey.."

yuri then closed her eyes, finally at peace.

they waited for seconds, yuri can't go that easily.

but after a few seconds, there's no response from the mentioned girl.

yena angrily stood up then took a metal rod from the floor, throwing it onto the ground as it echoed through the whole level.

"y-yena unnie.." yujin was about to go closer to yena but rei stopped her, "give her time to think."

yena was about to attempt to wake up yuri again, but the girl started stretching and groaning everywhere.

all of backed away as they saw yuri shaking, the veins were starting to appear on her pale skin.

"y-yah" yena was going to walk closer, but rei gripped on her arm.

"don't."

yujin closed her eyes as she grabbed this pole by the wall,

"i'm so sorry, yuri.." she guiltily spoke as she clutched her hands on the pole,

she rushed towards yuri and bashed her head with the pole,

"HEY!" yena was held by rei,

yujin ignored yena then hit yuri once more.

"STOP!"

followed by another hit,

"STOP IT PLEASE!"

yujin gripped on the pole as she stopped hitting the lifeless yuri on the ground, coughing lightly.

yena aggressively escaped from rei's hold then rushed towards yuri on the ground.

yujin threw the pole to the wall as she started panting heavily. she started to taste this metallic and uncomfortable taste in her mouth as she coughed it out, drops of blood then came out, surprising the latter.

she panicked, but seconds later, she found herself on the ground.

"ASSHOLE!" yena started choking the latter who's starting to cough very badly,

rei rushed to the scene then pushed yena away gently, "yena unnie! stop it. she did it because yuri-ssi was going to turn! it was for the better!"

yujin started gasp for air, concerning everyone except for yena who only had this pure hatred in her eyes.

hyunseo scurried towards yujin then checked on the latter "yujin-unnie? are you.." hyunseo stopped mid-sentence as she saw this fresh bite mark on yujin's neck.

"you're.." hyunseo was about to touch it but yujin gripped on her arm then moved away,

yujin coughed more blood then stood up, still trying catch her breath.

"i am.."