twenty; herd

tw ⚠ // lowercase intended, character death
=

august 30, 2018
day 38

4:59pm
suwon, forest

cracking leaves

"so, hiichan, how are things going on with you and chaewon unnie?" minjoo asked the mentioned girl.

nako, yujin, gaeul, eunbi, sakura, minjoo, and hitomi are assigned to search for firewood for today so they can make themselves warm by the time the sun sets.

"she is very dense," yujin snorted at hitomi's response, earning a confused look from everyone.

"good luck with that." the juinor said.

"i hear something," gaeul suddenly mentioned.

they stopped in the middle of searching since they heard distant growls and snarls. yujin signaled the others to be quiet so they can have a clear hearing.

"you guys hear that..?" nako asked the rest as they nodded.

they all fell into a state of panic.

"shit. let's go back quickly."

they all ran to the cabin's direction as sakura was using the binoculars, "yah!" she exclaimed.

"what??" eunbi asked while catching her breath,

"a herd! i-it's coming this way!"

"fuck- come on! faster!" yujin stopped running and let the others go ahead as she waited for minjoo who's running at the very back.

"yah! why did you stop" minjoo exclaimed as yujin grabbed her hands, pulling her closer as they ran faster "i can't let you die-"

"no one's dying!"

"it's just — come on, i don't wanna leave you behind,"

after some running, they were on a hill where they can see the cabin and the herd of flesh-eaters. "go! a little bit more.."

sakura and gaeul gulped as they saw herd of flesh-eaters running towards the cabin's direction,

"c-come on, faster!"

=

"what happened? are you guys hurt?" hyunseo's father asked after yujin aggressively pushed the sofa in front of the front door.

"there's a herd out there."

"a what?"

"flesh-eater herd. it's coming this way—" yujin was cut off with a glass smashing sound from upstairs. "what the hell.."

the junior was about to check what happened upstairs, but stopped in her tracks as soon as she saw not one, not two, but four flesh-eaters falling from the stairs.

"holy shit-"

"what is happeni-" hyunseo's mother exited the room which was near the stairs,

all their hearts dropped as they heard the woman scream as she was pounced by one of the flesh-eaters.

"eomma!" hyunseo shouted as minjoo held her back.

hyunseo's father rushed to the scene and tried attacking the flesh-eater,

but it was too late.

he kicked it very aggressively then hit it on the head with his axe, "yeobo-yah.."

"everyone! stay back! head closer to the door!"

yujin was busy knocking the two flesh-eaters down with rei as the others were pushing the furnitures together since the flesh-eaters were trying to break in.