sixteen; backstories pt.2

tw ⚠ // lowercase intended
=

july 27, 2018
day 4

10:09pm
lee family cabin

"i didn't expect myself to be living in a world where there are monsters honestly. but now at the situation we're in right now, i guess i was wrong. a lot of things happened very sudden, and i wouldn't be alive if it weren't for everyone here in this room. i also didn't have a lot of experience in my three years of high school, i just study then sometimes hang out with nako-chan if i'm bored." hitomi shared as she sipped on her hot chocolate.

"that's the first time hitomi ever said a paragraph—" chaeyeon chimed in. hitomi glared at her so she did a 'zipping mouth' gesture and stood quiet.

"yeah, me and hiichan have the similar experience. i didn't have that many memories in my first and second year of high school. thankfully, we have met very kind seniors who are chaeyeon unnie and kkura-chan. they have guided us with lessons that we don't understand and helped us with the language barrier." nako added.

everyone turned their heads to sakura,

"nothing much is very memorable in my four years of junior high school. i was not that excited in entering my senior high school life so it made me quite concerned, i mean- i don't know what i want to do or what to achieve when i grow up. yeah i had good grades, but it's still undecided. my junior life just focused on in being the class president with chaeyeon as my secretary."

"oohh, you're class president too?" eunbi suddenly asked, "yea, class president from class 10-A, nice to meet you."

"that's cool, class president from class 10-B, sorry for not knowing sooner.."

sakura smiled, "it's okay. i didn't know as well."

"what about yena and chaewon's section? who's their class president?" asked sakura. "jang eunseong is our class president." chaeyeon let out a dramatic gasp after yena's sudden statement.

"dosie?" chaeyeon clarified as yena nodded. "you and dosie know each other?" chaewon asked, "yeah, we go into the same club actually. i didn't know that she was class president, dang-"

"ooh, what club do you guys sign up for?" yena asked,

"dance club of course. i am also the assistant captain of the dance club. dosie's the captain that's why i knew her. but she doesn't know me- she just knows me by the label assistant captain- so yea- okay- moving on-"

everyone stared at gaeul who was silently listening to the conversation.

gratefully, the girl got the signal then started speaking,

"ahh.. i'll introduce myself first. kim gaeul from section 9-B, and i am in charge of being the smartest one inside the classroom." rei softly hit gaeul on the shoulder as soon as the latter said that.

gaeul laughed then lightly shook her head, "just kidding, i'm not smart. i just do what every student does, just- study, i guess. i actually enrolled in incheon high school with rei and jiwon so, you may or may have not always see the three of us together."

"nice to meet you gaeul-ssi. i hope we can cooperate together in the future." yena greeted as they shook hands.

"can i ask how and what made you became close with yujin?" the question by hyewon caught yujin's attention, earning confused looks from the latter.

"hey, that question is not that necessary.." yujin facepalmed,

"are you hiding something from minjoo?" wonyoung butted in,