epilogue (2); who?

tw ⚠ // lowercase intended
=

september 16, 2022
day 1,513

it was a normal day for yena and the others. wonyoung was guarding the inside, rei and jiwon was monitoring the gates, yena was doing armory things, then minjoo was hanging out with hyunseo.

minjoo was accompanying hyunseo beside their DIY tire swing. with hyunseo lazily swinging the swing as minjoo was sitting on the bench.

"minjoo unnie, when will you stop babying me?" hyunseo suddenly asked. minjoo giggled at hyunseo's question.

"never." minjoo teased, earning a pout from the other girl.

"just kidding. once you're eighteen, you can do grown up stuff."

"but why did you teach me how to use a gu-"

"that is for emergency purposes only, leeseo."

"plus, i can't lose you. i don't want to lose anyone else anymore."

it went quiet,

hyunseo smiled sadly as she felt guilty bringing up the topic, "sorr-"

"it's okay, hyunseo. it's okay." minjoo cut her off,

minjoo shook her head then looked at the younger girl, "you know. i never really told anyone about yujin's letter that she gave to you. did you read it?" she asked.

hyunseo shook her head, "i didn't read it. i gave it to you as soon as we left that place.."

"well.. do you want to read it?"

hyunseo's eyes beamed in delight, "i do! can i??"

minjoo chuckled, "of course. i'll read it to you later before we sleep. for now, let's find your yena unnie."

hyunseo nodded excitedly then got off the swing as she walked away first,

"can't believe she's already seventeen. i hope you're proud, yujin." minjoo muttered to herself then saw wonyoung in the distance.

she quickly approached wonyoung who was quietly doing her duty, "have you seen yena unnie?" she asked, glancing at hyunseo from time to time to make sure the girl's fine.

"ah. she's in the–"

"YENA UNNIE! YENA UNNIE! WONYOUNG AH, WHERE'S YENA UNNIE???" they heard rei rushing towards them with a panicked expression.

"in the armory room. wh-"

"HIDE! someone's coming!"

minjoo rushed to hyunseo then grabbed her arm, dragging her to their shared house with yena, 

wonyoung, jiwon, and rei following them.

"what's happening?" hyunseo asked by the time they arrived inside.

rei closed the door shut before answering, "there's this- big truck going towards our place. i-i don't know who but- i need to find yena unnie."

wonyoung nodded, "she's in the armory. be careful."

rei nodded then exited the house, dashing towards the armory.

=

"yena unnie!" rei called as she shut the door, greeted by yena who was doing something on the ground.

yena accidentally bumped her head on the table as she was trying to stand up "y-ye- ow! shit- what is it?"

"there's someone outside!"