thirty-nine; bite

tw ⚠ // lowercase intended
=

september 2, 2018
day 41

6:18am
forest

"you saw her get bit, right?? that's a bite, right?? right? RIGHT?"

"oh will you shut up for a goddamn second."

"what did you see, yujin? be honest. is it a bite?"

"yujin, that's clearly a bite mark,"

"eunbi, stand back. don't go too close."

"yujin, we all saw her get bit. we need.. to leave her here.."

yujin ignored everyone's words as she was busy inspecting hyunseo's breathing,

"look. it's been MORE THAN AN HOUR and nothing's been happening. don't you think that's kind of odd?" minjoo said to hyewon.

gasp

"hyunseo-yah!" yujin, wonyoung, rei, jiwon, and eunbi inched closer to leeseo who was looking very confused as soon as she sat up.

all of them froze,

"i'm okay..?" the sophomore confusedly stated while trying to take a look at her leg. but she was too afraid, making her shut her eyes tightly.

"yujin, snap out of it. she's clearly bit" hyewon annoyingly rasped but eunbi went to her.

"hyewon-ah, stop. the girl feels fine."

"that still doesn't explain the bite mark—"

"can you all just — shut up?"

yujin shook her head then crouched down to hyunseo who was leaning over a rock since yena carried her there earlier when they exited the tunnel.

"do you feel something..? tell me. fever? dizziness? cold?" hyunseo shook her head at all of the symptoms.

"see?? she's fine.." yujin was confused,

very,

all of them were.

hyunseo looks.. fine.

more than fine actually,

"yujin, you're being delusional-"

yujin scoffed at hyewon, "me? delusional? well explain this shit!"

chaewon let go of hitomi's hands before walking towards the scene. "i.. don't understand. if she was bit, she must've turned by now."

"CHAEWON, THANK YOU" yujin caressed the sophomore's face to reassure that everything's gonna be okay 

"minju and chaewon has a point" jiwon whispered to rei as the girl patted her back

"it's probably just late. that flesh-eater was rotten for god's sake"

"so what if it's rotten? huh? what are you trying to point out, hyewon?" yujin faced the latter

"i feel fine. just please.. stop fighting" hyunseo grimaced at her own bite mark. all she felt was the stinging pain on her wound, nothing else.

she was about to stand up, but she was stopped by jiwon and rei, "hey, hey, wait- don't move too much. does.. it hurt?" rei asked.

hyunseo slightly nodded, but rei patted her head "you'll be okay" she reassured. jiwon then nodded, showing agreement to rei's words.

"hey. i just want everyone to be safe, alright?"

"you're not exactly making anyone safe by saying that one of us is bit,"

"but it's true!"

"yes it's true but she's not turning!"