forty-four; long journey

tw ⚠ // lowercase intended
=

september 4, 2018
day 43

9:23am
cabin, attic

yujin felt something painful on her forehead

she slowly fluttered her eyes open and saw nine different faces staring back at her, with a sleeping minjoo snoring soundly on top of her,

"woah! jeez!" yujin backed away, resulting minjoo to wake up and have the same reaction as yujin,

"jesus christ!-"

both of them briskly fixed themselves and stared back at yena, hyewon, and chaewon who were giving them teasing looks.

"well. seems like you both had a very nice sleep?" chaewon snickered at yena's words,

"what are you guys.. doing here?" yujin asked, slightly panting.

"we just want to check if something happened since minjoo never came down once she went up here."

minjoo looked at them in her flushed state, "aish. shut it."

yuri let out a snort,

"yeah, yeah. anyway, let's get going..?" yena asked.

"where are we going..?" yujin dumbly asked back,

"oh god — your child yujin! we have to save your child!"

"sssshhhhit — let's go"

=

10:00am
forest

before actually going, they quickly climbed up to the highest hill so they can see the view of the whole forest they're in.

luckily, the hospital stood out so they know which direction to take.

"holy shit.."

"THAT FAR???" eunbi exclaimed as she felt her back and feet ache just by seeing the distance.

"dang, that's really far.." chaewon muttered while squinting her eyes,

"that's like — a hundred miles from here. maybe more" yuri spoke, earning a nod from yena.

"okay, everyone. let's get going then. remember, we only have three days" yujin spoke as they started to go down the hill.

yujin let the others go first so she can walk beside minjoo who went last,

"what you said last night.." yujin started the conversation,

minjoo flashed a confused expression, "what i said last night? what did i say?" yujin didn't reply, looking at the ground as she was thinking on how to explain her sudden thought to minjoo.

"i said something?" yujin's daze got cut off as she heard minjoo ask again.

she sighed, "about hyunseo being immune to the virus,," she muttered to make sure that only the two of them will hear.

"when did i say that?" minjoo asked,

"you were half-asleep when you said it. i just want to say that.. it's maybe true."

"what?"

"maybe hyunseo's immune that's why she didn't turn."

"but is she the only one immune?"

yujin paused for a while before she shrugged. "i don't know.."

=

10:31am
forest