thirteen; oops.. it got stuck

tw ⚠ // lowercase intended
=

july 26, 2018
day 3

7:32am
incheondaegyo expressway

gaeul was stirring in her sleep as she felt the bus pass by a speed bump.

she was about to ignore it, but she heard loud pounding on the windows.

once she squinted her eyes and looked out of the window, she saw a bunch of flesh-eaters aggressively pounding on the glass near her to face.

and that's where she jolted awake, breathing heavily. "HOLY SH-"

she quickly ran towards hyunseo and saw that the girl was having a hard time pushing the flesh-eaters away, meaning that the bus is moving very slowly. the older girl also noticed the pile of bags hyunseo placed by the door for everyone's safety.

"what happened..?"

"they saw the bus, i think. it's been chasing over us since sunrise." gaeul shivered at the thought of hyunseo handling it alone.

"why didn't you wake us up??" gaeul asked, scanning the bus if it's somewhat damaged or not.

"i can handle it anyway. besides, i don't wanna ruin someone's sleep" hyunseo replied, still trying to make the bus move as she was adjusting the gear.

but the bus suddenly stopped,

hyunseo silently groaned in annoyance, "one of them must've gotten stuck inside the back tires." she guessed, tapping the steering wheel nervously.

yujin, on the other hand, was having a very peaceful sleep and was leaned against the window. but the snarls were too loud, so she woke up, and was greeted by a flesh-eater trying to bite her head off through the window.

"what the shit — leeseo-yah! where the hell-"

yujin's yell made minjoo wake up and immediately got scared by what she saw from the window.

she softly let out a whimper, alerting yujin.

yujin heard this and sat properly again, anxiously trying to cover the window using her hands.

"hey.. i-it's okay.. the windows keeps us safe."

"leeseo-yah, what's happening?" yujin asked as she looked at gaeul and hyunseo at the front while trying to comfort minjoo.

"i think one of them got stuck inside the wheels so we can't really move. it's blocking the tire from moving." hyunseo replied, turning the engine off so they can save some of their gas.

yujin looked at minjoo, "i'll take you to the backseat where you can't see them, okay?" she whispered softly before guiding minjoo at the back.

"hey gaeul, wake up yena unnie for me please" yujin requested while trying to make minjoo fall asleep again.

gaeul nodded then proceeded to gently pat yena on the shoulder, "yena-ssi?"

yena hummed in response, but still in deep sleep. gaeul hummed, not really knowing what to do so she tapped her on the shoulder once again.

yena's head was about to fall off the side, but thankfully — she woke up before it does.

"w-why?- WOAH!" yena exclaimed after taking a glance at the window, looking around gruffly, seeing these flesh-eaters gnawing on the bus window.

she was about to stand up and observe the situation, but she noticed that yuri's head was still leaning on her shoulders.

she slowly took off her jacket then folded it, making a small pillow and laid down yuri's head on it so her sleep won't be disturbed.