twenty-two; new faces

tw ⚠ // lowercase intended
=

august 30, 2018
day 38

6:30pm
school bus

"where are we going once hyunseo wakes up?" yuri asked yena beside her. the girl shrugged then fixed her glasses,

"i don't know, really. i just want everyone to be safe" yena hung her head down low. soon after, she felt yuri side hugging her, "we all want that, okay? and it will come to us soon." yuri reassured the girl.

=

"me and minjoo will take care of you, okay? i'm certain that your parents are proud that you made it this far. please don't give up for them, hm?" hyunseo nodded obediently as yujin grabbed her arm.

yujin, minjoo, and hyunseo are having a talk at the back before moving. yujin was kneeling in front of the sophomore, while minjoo was side hugging the mid-schooler.

"please don't leave us ever again.." yujin took off her bracelet then smiled sadly, "i can't promise you that. but i'll for sure try my best." she responded then passed hyunseo her bracelet, "here, keep this. if you feel scared, hold it close. you will feel my presence."

hyunseo nodded once again then wore the bracelet.

"for now on, we'll be fine, yeah? we'll fight harder until we arrive to our permanent home." yujin slightly fixed the girl's hair then patted her head afterwards.

"can you drive?" yujin asked hyunseo,

thankfully, the girl nodded making yujin flash her dimple smile in gratefulness.

"very good. let's go now, hm?" hyunseo nodded excitedly then dashed to the driver's seat,

yujin wasn't still standing up from her kneeling position so minjoo took this as a chance to cup her cheeks. yujin, confused, was about to take minjoo's hands away, but the girl spoke,

"you seem troubled."

yujin sighed then sat beside minjoo as the bus started moving. "i am,"

"can you tell me what's the problem?"

yujin sighed. "i feel like.. i failed."

there was a moment of silence before minjoo spoke up,

"no you did not. i know for sure that hyunseo understands the situation. she's a smart one after all."

yujin heaved a sigh again, "not just hyunseo, but chaeyeon unnie and nako as well.."

minjoo let out a sigh before she started playing with yujin's right hand,

"don't blame yourself, it's not your fault."

"i just feel like.. i should have done something,"

currently, minjoo was thinking of something to say to make yujin feel better.

"we all know that you had nothing else to do."

yujin gave minjoo a small smile before side hugging the latter.

=

9:11pm
school bus

they really didn't know where the hell they would go, so they just follow where the road leads them.

but all of them jolted awake as they felt the bus shake,

"what the heck—"

yujin stood up from her seat, and then all of a sudden, they heard something pop.