fifty; hesitant

tw ⚠ // lowercase intended
=

september 6, 2018
day 45

12:59pm
incheon sarang hospital, fifth floor corridors

"y-yujin?.."

yujin flinched as she slowly looked back, seeing a very shocked rei by the end of the stairs.

yujin quickly stood up, and hid something in her pockets, facing rei as she put her two hands up,

"i-it's not what it looks like.."

rei clenched her fists tightly, "what h-happened to her?.. and to you..?"

"i was about to meet you and the others, but i heard eunbi unnie's footsteps so i decided to check out then.. i think she was bit and.."

it was silent for a while, before yujin looked at rei,

"wait. you're with her when you left.. then why is she alone?" yujin asked.

rei gulped, "she followed hyewon," she replied guiltily.

"hyewon? what happened to hyewon?" yujin asked, her voice cracking at the end. rei couldn't handle the guilt as soon as she heard the question.

it made her tear up a bit.

rei took a deep breath before answering. "yujin, hyewon got bitten." she looked down on the floor.

both of them didn't speak for a while,

"but we didn't know what happened to eunbi unnie since we got separated from kangbi because we were running out of time."

yujin just nodded, "is everyone ..okay?" the junior asked. she was still resisting herself from collapsing after hearing the sudden loss of her best friend.

"fortunately, yes but no. yuri was shot and we need you in there. hyunseo also needs you. thankfully, everything's fine except for yuri's situation." 

"but rei, once i barge in there.. we have to leave here soon immediately. they plan on operating on hyunseo whether we like it or not. are you sure that everybody's well prepared?"

rei nodded, "yes. i'm sure they can manage." she assured then tried to walk,

yujin suddenly remembered something, "rei-yah," she called, making rei stop from her tracks.

"i.." yujin tried to glance on her left collarbone,

"save it for later. we really need to leave." rei walked towards yujin as she grabbed her sleeve, dragging her to the stairs.

=

boom

"minjoo, jiwon, wonyoung, head outside. yena-unnie, carry yuri, you take hyunseo, yujin. i'll defend all of you" yena threw the gun to rei as she quickly carried yuri.

yujin had eye contact with minjoo before going to hyunseo,

"leeseo.. a-are you hurt?" she asked, the girl mildly shook her head. the response made yujin smile a bit as she stood up then turned her back against hyunseo. "hop on."

hyunseo quickly hopped o yujin's back, still shocked with the sudden appearance of the group.

everyone exited the room with rei going last,

"oh no you don't-"

bang

rei didn't hesitate then quickly shot the poor woman's knees, making her scream in pain.

rei dropped the gun to the ground then caught up to the others who were going for the stairs,

"faster. flesh-eaters will hear the gunshot."

jiwon quickly grabbed rei's arm, "what did you do?.."

"i.. it's nothing. i just scared her with it." she lied as she was avoiding jiwon's eyes.

><

a/n: another short one hehe. we're very close to the ending~