CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE (Finally)

A woman can always tell if a man loves her by how much time he is willing to invest. Money spent is meaningless, but time spent is priceless.

Riel

I kissed women before.

I kissed them like there was nothing. I kissed them without any feelings. It was a monotonous act that I needed to do every time that I wanted to get laid. I kissed them because they wanted to be kissed.

I kissed them because I knew it was necessary to make them feel that I wanted them even if I didn't feel anything about them.

But now that I was kissing Meara, it was everything. Touching her lips made my body wanted to convulse in excitement. I was kissing her because I wanted to kiss her. Because I wanted her to feel what I really felt for her. I wanted her to taste my lips. I wanted her to know that I wanted her to be part of my life.

And the part that she was kissing me back, made me to bury all my inhibitions. Meara kissing me back gave me the strength to claim her lips more. I kissed her passionately, deeply, hungrily. I kissed like she should be kissed by someone who loves her. A kiss that was so romantic yet sexual. Not a kiss that was abusive.

Not a kiss that was given by his sadistic husband.

I wanted her. I wanted to taste every part of her. I knew deep inside me, I already had a thing for her the moment I laid my eyes on her. I wanted to protect her. I wanted her to be a part of me forever and I would make sure that she won't experience any abuse.

With me, it would just be love. Respect. She could trust me that I won't break her heart. It would only be her until my hair turns to gray. Until my knees get weak.

Until I breathe my last air.

I deepened my kiss and I felt her hand wrapped around my head. I felt her body moved closer to me until I felt her hand slowly tracing my shirt and touched the hem of it. She slid her hand under my shirt and began to touch my stomach up to my chest. I held her hand and stopped kissing her. She looked at me quizzically.

"If I kiss you again, there won't be turning back, Meara. I will claim you. You will be mine." I said while looking straight into her eyes.

Her eyes watered and she smiled at me.

"I want that."

I kissed her again. Hungrier this time. She was kissing me back. I cupped her face while kissing her. I groaned when she opened her mouth and let my tongue slide inside dancing with hers.

I could feel the heat between our body even if we were both still wearing our clothes. Slowly, I knew I woke up something in her. A wild lust enveloped us and all that matters right at this moment was the two of us and how we were going to make love for the first time.

She held the hem of my shirt again. This time, she was tugging it up to remove it from me. I let her and that made us to break our kiss. I felt her hand grabbed my belt and she started to unbuckle and I had to stop her. She looked at me with her eyes full of worry.

"Y-you don't like it?" I could sense nervousness on her voice.

"I don't like? I wanted it so bad. But you let me take this game. You don't need to do anything. It will be me. I will let you taste something new. Something magical. Something a woman like you really deserve."

I knew years of being in an abusive relationship, Meara felt that she needed to satisfy me. But no. Everything was different now. I am not his dead husband. I am me and I knew how to take care of my woman.